Friday, February 5, 2010

Suckers

Evan's sister and her three kids came over a couple weeks ago for a slumber party. While I was still at work the kids wanted some suckers. No problem, right? Well Uncle Evan made them eat their suckers in the kitchen. Probably a good idea-none the less I thought it was funny when I found these pictures on my camera. It just makes me think of what kind of dad Evan will be when we have children. The kids absolutely adore him and hang on him relentlessly.


That night after dinner Evan's sister and I headed to a fun baby shower while uncle Evan and the kiddos made a fort in the front room. By the time Ghostbusters was over everyone but Wade and I were asleep, not too shabby. Evan studied the next morning while the rest of us headed to the park. It had just rained so the slides were wet and such. We did however have fun at the duck pond. I tried to teach the kids to skip rocks, but it ended up being more of just throwing them, oh well. My nephew started to chase a bird around the park, and to my great surprise he was very close to catching the poor bird. I'm not sure what I would have done if he were to have actually caught it. Then we walked home and had a "picnic" in the cabana area at the apartment and watched a little Nick in the clubhouse before the kids headed home.
I love that we have some family near by us, I'll be bummed when we have to move further away from the little family we have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment