Monday, November 22, 2010

"Eegees" 11.19.10

When we would tell people we were moving to Tucson their responses were always pretty similar. They'd say something like this, "oh, that SUCKS...But you HAVE to go to Eegees." Now that we are in Tucson when people find out that we moved from Phoenix they say something like, "oh well I'm sorry about that." I'm not sure the reason, but there is definitely an unspoken rivalry between people from Phoenix and people from Tucson.
So Friday night we went to Eegees since we HAD to go. It is a sandwich place, but they are best known for their version of the slushie. We ordered "The Original Grinder." Basically it looked like a sandwich from a grocery store deli. Evan got a Pina Colada slushie and I got the cherry. Evan's drink reminded me of the "snow cones" from Monster's INC. He didn't like it very much, but we both liked mine.
We also bought Evan 2 suits, since he doesn't have one and it was cheaper if we bought 2 instead of 1. He will put these to good use next year when he interviews for residency positions.
Evan really wanted me to post a picture of my awesome shopping trip to Old Navy. (he is so supportive of my obsession with a good deal) They had their clearance on sale for an additional 50% off, and of course I had a coupon to go with that...an additional 30% off the final total. Here is what I bought: 1 woman's jeans, 1 woman's bermuda shorts, 1 woman's sweater, 1 woman's long sleeve shirt, 1 woman's sport's bra, 1 men's t-shirt, shorts and a t-shirt for my nephew, 2 infant onesies, 1 infant t-shirt, 1 infant dress, 5 pairs of infant shorts TOTAL=36$ and change

3 comments:

  1. you're pretty amazing. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet deal on the clothes! Wow, and I thought I got good deals on buying clothing. Miss you guys lots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good steal miss Amber! I miss cahtting about deals with you....work just isn't the same:)We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete