I really wanted to go to Disneyland. SOOooo we gave the kids the gift of Disneyland for their Christmas present. I specifically chose the beginning of January to go; between New Years Day and Martin Luther King, JR holidays for the low crowd. Well, little did I know it was would rain cats and dogs and be even less crowded than I imagined.
Olive on her first plane ride (wearing her Boeing t-shirt)
Olive meeting Great-Grandma Deon. We arrived uneventfully on Saturday and by the Luck of Evan were able to rent an 8 seater van (opposed to the standard 7 seats). We hung out with Grandma Deon on Saturday and Sunday and then my mom flew in late Sunday so she could watch Olive. I love my kids but I hate strollers at Disneyland.
Wearing our shirts from when we went to Disney World almost two years ago. Luckily I had been watching the weather and we brought rain books and ordered ponchos on Amazon.
Almost the best part of Disneyland...The tram ride from the parking garage to the park. The anticipation is awesome.
Waiting for the rope to drop so we could "walk,Walk, WALK" to Peter Pan's Flight.
Dumbo
They still had some of the rides decorated for Christmas
one of my favorites...Mr Toad's wild ride, but it of course scared the kids.
Maverick was all about meeting the Star Wars characters.
The kids got tired. We had done several rides several times, so we played in the Tarzan Treehouse while dad rides some rides all by himself.
We loved the hot cocoa and beignets (these were on my Disney Bucket list and they did not disappoint).
Maverick (blue poncho), Violet (Purple poncho), and Autumn (white poncho) all willing went on my favorite ride (Splash Mountain) with me. They were all scared after the huge drop, but Maverick literally cried. Autumn did go on it with me again during the trip.
I think the longest line we waited in was to met the princesses.
Maverick saying "I'm so excited"
Out cold...literally and figuratively
Tuesday grandma Pattie and Olive joined us at California Adventure
Olive taking a snooze while the others rode the Ferris Wheel which they all hated. But they loved the Ariel ride (which we road at least 10 times and the Monster's Inc ride a handful of times too)
Autumn (and Maverick and Violet) were all tall enough this time to ride the Cars ride in Radiator Springs and they all loved it.
I was attempting to be all cutesy with my short kids!
Cars ride
The kids didn't want to take a picture with me with the tire statue so I told my mom to just take a picture of me all by myself, but then some of them decided they wanted to jump in my shot like this. (Also check out my awesome fanny-pack. It was an awesome buy)
My friends younger sister is in the Frozen play there and got us front row seats. It was awesome and I liked this version better than the Broadway version.
Lark...Just singing in the rain. Lark and I hung out a bit by ourselves when she needed a break.
Wednesday was the sunniest day but we took a break day to recuperate. Grandma Pattie did the girls' make-up and they were in heaven.
Olive ended up getting a cold so even though we bought Grandma a 3 day pass to the parks she stayed home on the last day with Olive (and then Lark was struggling that morning so we had her stay home with Grandma too)
The only shirts I made this time...and two of the kids didn't even go to the park to show them off...and the kids that did go were wearing ponchos. But they were cute.
This day we got drenched. The first day we were able to escape the downpour by quickly getting on the train. This day we were in line for Dumbo where there is no covering. Evan was pretty cranky.
Maverick tried out Matterhorn. He didn't like it. I was impressed that he kept trying the big rides even though they all scared him.
Lark really loves Pluto, we were sad she missed him.
"Duck-faces" in Mickey's dressing room.
Olive showing off her Tangled themed shirt.
I love LOVE Love Toon Town. The kids and I walked around an almost deserted land and took lots of pictures while Evan hid under the Gazebo.
Hello!
I told Autumn the rides are less scary if you just scream...so we both did.
Finally sunny enough to take off their ponchos and ride a few of the outdoor rides that were closed all week.
a chance encounter with Flynn Rider!
Maverick whined all day while at California Adventure because all he wanted to do was go back ro Grandma's and play with his new souvenir.
4 generations
Plane ride home! This trip was close to perfect. We all had a great time, despite the soggy and pruney fingers and toes.

No comments:
Post a Comment