Sunday, August 23, 2009

Grocery Store Thieves

I have recently gotten into "couponing" again. My sister-in-law has taught me the tricks of the trade, but until recently I have been to lazy to order a newspaper for coupons or a new ink cartidge for my computer to print coupons...Until there was a HUGE sale a Albertons and couldn't resist. After a few shopping trips I've already paid for the ink cartidge and have a large stockpile of food.
I had been telling Evan about all the deals I had been getting so one night I took him to the store with me. This is what we got:
  • 10 boxes of General Mills Cereal
  • 4 lbs. Bananas
  • 1 package Chex Mix

After I handed the clerk all my coupons. I then handed her two dimes and one penny. That's right I paid 21 Cents for all that stuff!! Evan and I gave each other a high five in the parking lot. It felt like we had robbed the place. I was reading on someone's blog the other day and stumbled upon this quote, "Nothing in life is free...unless you have a coupon." I'm totally adicted to couponing now. I get such a rush from getting so much stuff for so little!

4 comments:

  1. I am so very impressed. I too was hit by the coupon bug earlier this year, sheer joy and triumph when you pay $.21!

    Do you have our blog?

    www.jfamilyjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I've never seen someone get such a great deal couponing! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Am. First a college degree, now this? I'm truly proud to know you. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THat is an awesome deal!!! Way to go. THat makes me want a Albertsons.

    ReplyDelete