3 scorpions!!! This is our third summer in sunny Arizona and each summer we have been here has brought a scorpion. Each year I learn a little more about these creatures that frighten me so much...
Summer of 2008: I was using the bathroom when I saw a small critter crawling on the bathroom floor...I screamed for Evan and he dutifully took care the scary scorpion
-lesson learned the SMALLER the scorpion the more deadly it is
Summer 2009: Evan was out of town when I found a scorpion in my bed room. I threw a shoe at it but it escaped and then I couldn't find it again
-lesson learned: they glow in black light
Summer 2010: Luckily this time the scorpion was inside our kitchen light fixture (don't ask me how it got there...I don't want to know). We had maintenance come over and take care of the thing.
-lesson learned: They breath through their flesh so if you spray them with hairspray it slows them down enough to kill them
Here is our "friend" walking around inside our light.
*since I first posted this picture we have had another scorpion and tried out the hairspray trick...worked pretty well but definitely didn't kill the thing*
Oh! That is sooo scary! But if you are brave enough to kill a black widow, you can definitely take of these ugly guys! :) P.s. you are the braves girl I know!
ReplyDeleteNext time try hairspray and a lighter...that should do the trick.
ReplyDeleteUck. You have bad luck! we only saw one scorpion all four yrs in AZ. But the picture of the scorpion inside your light really is quite amazingly disgusting. :)
ReplyDelete