I called my aunt Thursday night and asked if Evan and I could hang out with her and her family for the weekend of the Fourth of July. She listed off about a dozen things she had going on that weekend in between orders to her friends to put more things in her grocery cart (she was shopping for food for Girls Camp), "SO...is that a yes" I asked. After going back and forth over the next 24 hours of whether or not we should go (apparently I don't do spontaneous very well) we drove the 5 hours and 20 minutes to Alpine, CA.
Now it took an extra 20 minutes to get there because I got pulled over by a highway patrol man. I know! He said I was "weaving." WHAT? to make a long story short he asked me to get out of the car. I did. I stood next to the patrol car while he proceeded to ask me a 100 questions including, but not limited to, "What is your date of birth," "Where are you headed," "where do you work," "where does your husband work," "What year is your car," "when is the last time you had work done on your car," "Is is hot in Arizona." The list goes on, all the while Evan is sitting in the car wondering what is going on. He then tells me that he needs to go look at some "numbers on the car" and goes up to the passengers window and asked Evan a bunch of the same questions. I guess to see if we would say the same things? I'm unsure. So then he didn't even give me a ticket! I guess he was impressed Evan was in medical school. I don't know. Probably one of the scariest things that has ever happened, but thank goodness I brought Evan along...he is one of the luckiest guys I know.
ON TO THE TRIP...Playing Nintendo Wii
They were so impressed, poor kids have never seen sparklers before.
Evan drove the whole way home...and he didn't even get pulled over:0
1. McKay is the cutest kid I've ever seen.
ReplyDelete2. Sparkles in the garage? Really Med school student and wife, does that sound like a good idea?
FUN! I agree with Heather, sparklers in the garage...are you crazy :) I hate being pulled over too! Last time the officer pulled me over for texting, that was before I even knew how to text...so sometimes they aren't always right.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a good time! I can't wait to have a good time with you too! See you soon!!!
ReplyDelete