Monday, July 5, 2010

Get Away

Evan and I took a short trip up to Heber, Utah for Evan's grandpa's 80th birthday bash. On the way we took a quick stop in Saint George, Utah. I thought Evan looked up directions to the hotel and Evan thought I looked up directions to the hotel...So we went to the Mormon Temple where I hear there are very nice people there at the visitor's center. A senior missionary gave us directions and a very nice young lady gave us a tour of the facility and we looked at an art gallery with pioneer depictions. Us on the steps of the Saint George Temple. After we found our hotel we went and saw a dollar movie, "Date Night" and went to dinner at Cracker Barrel. Very disappointed with the food, but the raspberry lemonade was very tasty.The next morning we watched the USA World Cup soccer game that did not disappoint. My boy Landon Donavon pulled through for me. Then we headed up to good old Provo.We spent the rest of the Day at my older sister's house. We got to watch my nephew play with his new swing set, play in his blow up pool, and chase his chicken's around. My baby sister came by for a bit after she got off of work and before she had to go to her second job. Two of my girlfriends from high school also came by for a little visit. And to top off a great time day I got to visit the new location of JDawgs the best eatery in Provo dare I say Utah County?

1 comment:

  1. Greg says you just got the wrong thing at Cracker Barrel...it's like his favorite place to eat, except my kitchen of course.

    ReplyDelete