Saturday, September 18, 2010

Hot Molten Lava Cake

Evan and I went to PF Changs a couple weeks ago and noticed a dessert on their menu that reminded us of an awesome dessert we had on the cruise we took for our honeymoon. After inquiring about the dessert we found out it was not the same. Yet this event was not fruitful to our taste buds it sparked the desire to find the best Molten Lave Cake in the Phoenix area. So far we have tried 3 separate cakes at 3 separate restaurants.
1) Flemings: a very swanky up scale place with great lighting and ambiance. This cake got a 5 out of 5 in the appearance category but rated low in taste and temperature.
2) Applebees: A less expensive treat that was ready in about 6 minutes has ranked highest on the Norby scale. The temperature was hot and the abundance of lava pushed this dish into first place.
3) Bravi: Locally owned Italian eatery served up a small portioned lava cake that disappointed the Mister, who ranked this dish 3, however the misses graded this one slightly higher for the quick order time and inexpensive cost, yet of the three it is the only one not served with ice cream.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, next time you come to Provo, I'll take you to the best place for lava cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I may have to convince my Mr. to take me to Applebee's for dessert now. I was going to ask if you tried looking for a recipe to make it, but then I searched and found the exact Applebee's recipe for you. Let me know if you try it... I might, too!

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080127155707AAlaUn5

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make brownies and cut the cooking time in half and serve ice cream and chocolate syrup on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...I LOVE this dessert too!! Applebees does it the best, you're right! Are you so sad about moving? I don't envy you. I miss it sooooo much!!! Caleb will be in Tucson in Oct. Maybe you guys can get together? Are you living near the VA at all? Your trip to D-land looks super fun! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete