Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Fool's!

I'm not big on April Fool's Day pranks. I'm all for a good laugh or joke, but sometimes they are just mean. What bugs me the most is when someone plays a "joke" on me by saying something like, "I'm pregnant," "I got in a car accident," "I"m engaged," and then when I respond with an appropriate response they say, "I can't believe you fell for that." Well, you're my friend so of course I believed you. Do you not want me to trust anything you say? With that being said I found a clever "prank" in the Family Fun magazine I decided to play on Evan.
I made a "Sponge" cake. I frosted a car wash sponge with yummy frosting and sprinkled it with nuts. After dinner I offered Evan some cake, by saying "I'll scoop up the ice cream if you cut the cake." If you know Evan, you know he is very meticulous. He spent a good minute or so cutting the sponge trying to get the pieces even and trying to cut through the thick sponge. When he saw that it was orange, he said, "hey is this foam?" I said, "It's sponge cake." Then he said, "Oh, so it is cake?" And kept cutting. Then I quickly said again "It's SPONGE cake." I'm not sure Evan thought it was very funny. I think he was a little disappointed I used yummy nuts on a fake cake, but we made some AWESOME walnut brownies to make up for the disappointment.

3 comments:

  1. Forget the nuts, how could you waste good chocolate like that? Pretty funny prank, tho. But don't try pulling it on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... that is too funny! I think I may try that on Steve next year :)

    ReplyDelete