Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Oh, Autumn!

Some Autumn-ishm:  
One of her favorite things to do right now is help me put my belt on.  She also likes to belt the jean bag my mom made.  She also started saying "No" this week.  Not really in a defient way, for example when she is stuck somewhere she says, "no, no, no".  It is actually pretty cute.  She like to sit on her car while I read her nap time/bed time stories.  Her favorite right now is, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear".  She is getting pretty good at dressing herself and lets me help her match her outfits.  She still loves cereal, but lately has been requesting buttered toast for breakfast as well.  Still loves the park, and hates having her diaper changed.  She gets super hyper when Evan comes home from work, which makes it difficult to put her to bed 15 minutes later!

Helping my decorate for Halloween.
In other big news Autumn is in a toddler bed.  So long crib!  When we got back from Washington we were still staying in the hotel and Autumn became a horrendous sleeper.  She just wouldn't go to bed.  She usually is a perfect sleeper.  I sing her a song, put her in her crib, say good night and walk out of the room-end of story.  For a about a week though I couldn't get her to sleep.  I thought once we got back home she would be fine, but I was wrong.  At the hotel I had been putting her in bed with us to try and help her sleep, but I wasn't going to start that once we got home.  So one night when I was super frustrated I just said fine you can sleep on the floor.  I pulled her crib mattress out on the floor and let her sleep on it...and she did.  Her perfect sleeping was restored.  (Except for one day during nap I heard her playing in there, which I didn't mind until I heard her opening the bedroom door.  When I went in there she had gotten a pair of my high heels and was standing in them trying to reach the door nob, smart thinking Autumn.  So a couple of days after floor sleeping I turned her crib into a toddler bed.
Her first act of business with her new bed...Sit on it with her car.  Then she started moving the car.  I'm not sure if she was trying to just jump on the bed or drive the car off, because I stopped her before I found out.
One of the major downsides of moving so much is you risk getting "the weather isn't usually like this"  syndrome.  I mean last fall we experienced an unusually cold fall in Michigan and an unusually long winter....lasting until we moved in June.  Now it is still in the 80s in Michigan a gift for the awful winter, but since we moved we are now experiencing an unusually early snow fall in Wyoming.  Autumn was not pleased.  I told her to smile, but after we went inside and I saw this picture I about died.  I think it is so funny, mostly because this is the exact face I made when I looked out the window.  I filled a water bottle with water and food coloring to "spray paint" the snow.  Autumn was too impressed at first, but the next day she asked to get the water bottle out again. (so chalk that up to 1 for Pinterest)

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Autumn is in a big girl bed already. i thought about putting Alice in one after you said Autumn was, then I slapped myself and moved on. Also, in love with the snow picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great she loves her toddler bed. Sounds like her & Carly are very similar in how easy they are to put to bed :) Glad you found something on pinterest that worked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is looking so grown up (and beautiful!) I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete