I have to throw parties in order to make friends. So Halloween was my excuse. We invited people from church and Evan's co-workers. We had a pretty good crowd. I didn't want to make a bunch or time consuming treats like my last party so I made this one a dinner, and then still ended up making three deserts. We had chicken soup, potato chowder, rolls, fruit/veggies, and salad. We tried to play a game but it didn't last long. I hope people had fun-that is one of the most nerve raking things about throwing a party.
I was so pleased that practically everyone dressed up. I told my in-laws that they HAD to come to my party and they HAD to dress up-that is what you get for living near your daughter-in-law. I told everyone else that dressing up optional, but I told the in-laws they MUST. They were good sports about it and I think they had the best costumes too.
Make your guess, before I spoil it....Chicken-cord-on blue
Carl Sagan
Ceiling "Fan"
And last but not least...US, I was going to take Autumn to the state museum to "trick or treat", but of course it took me too long to get ready and we didn't have enough time before our party. It was a good thing we all got dressed up though since Evan has to work on Halloween night. We need a group shot of our "family" costumes. I'm super pleased with the way our costumes turned out. And super pleased that my mom did most of it! Great job mom.
My favorite is Evan's
LOVE the costumes!! Super cute idea!
ReplyDeleteAutumn is the cutest thing ever. I love your family costume. You guys look great. Remember Rex wore his tiger costume as his winter coat the year he was a tiger. Greg thought it was weird but at least he had a coat on and we got good use out of that costume.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Amber's mom! Your party throwing is very impressive. I wish we were there to participate in all of the Norby fun!
ReplyDeleteThis is too cute!! I love it!! You rock!!
ReplyDelete