Sunday, November 17, 2013

A day in the Life of "Baby"

Lately Autumn has been playing with the 1972 Fisher Price Dollhouse (like the one below...image stolen from google images) we early-inherited from my Grandparent's basement this summer.  One night Autumn wanted to sleep with the "baby"-the little orange guy.  I thought that wasn't a good idea, and since we don't have any dolls at our house (we keep losing them!) I grabbed the only thing I could think of, which was a wooden paper doll I had as a kid.  So Autumn slept with the wooden paper doll and since then the two have been practically inseparable.  
This is how Friday went.  Baby and Autumn woke up.  Baby sat in her "seat" while Autumn ate her mini-wheats, with her hands, but insists on having a spoon most days.
 Then since we didn't have the car that day we played instead of getting ready to go somewhere.  We played play-doh and colored.  (That thing around Baby's neck is a headband.  Autumn hates when I do her hair so lately I've been putting headbands in her hair instead of rubber bands, and of course the baby needs a headband too)
 Then we "played" games.  One of our favorites right now is barry baby in the Qwirkle tiles.  Also "Mommy" joined us for this activity.  It gets a little confusing sometimes since there is now 2 "mommys" in our house.
 Then is was time to take a little rest.  Autumn likes it when I let her play nap time with her crew and let her bring her mattress to the front room (have I mentioned that a week after we put her in her big girl bed we put her back in her crib, she wasn't sleeping well, so we put her back in her crib.)
 Then at about 10am Autumn and I finally got ready for the day.  Baby isn't allowed to take a bath with Autumn so she has to stay out of the bathroom.  I purposely take a long time getting ready since the bathroom is so warm with the space heater.  Don't get me wrong-it's not like I do my hair or anything, I just hang out in the bathroom as long as possible.
Then is was time for lunch.  Autumn loves her "Daddy drink".  I make her a protein shake with peanut butter and bananas.
Then the bears joined us for a story before nap time. 
 Then after nap we played more "games".  This time baby and mommy needed to rest a little more so they just watched.
 Then grandpa came over to play and the baby and mommy put their swimming suits on and pretend went swimming in the kitchen sink.  So naturally they needed towels to warm up.
 Then we colored...for a long time
 see how dark it got.  The picture below is a little misleading.  Autumn is really left handed.
 Then we went to get Grandma so she could see Autumn's window drawings.  So we packed up baby in the purse along with an extra pair of shoes. Just in case.
 Then we went to the mall for dinner once Evan got home.  Baby of course came with.  She hung out in the purse while we ate, but after dinner she played in the play area with Autumn.  Once we got home it was time for bed.  Autumn loves standing on the dryer while she brushes her teeth and turns the lights on and off.
 This is Autumn telling us the moon is asleep, because she couldn't see it out her bedroom window.  She really loves the moon and looking for it at all times of the day, but she does realize she can see it better once it is dark.
 Then after stories Autumn gets the crew all ready for pray time.  
I should note that Baby usually wears Autumn's PJs to bed as evidence in the photo below, but tonight Autumn decided to put her in felt clothes instead.

This is a picture from last week when we built a fort.  I asked if she would show me baby-well there she is.

4 comments:

  1. That is too cute. Autumn sure leads a fun and full life. I can't wait to see her again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just so cute! I want to squeeze her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! that is so cute! i love this post. ps what is she using to color on the windows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still in love with her shoe fetish... and putting baby in the purse??? I die.... she's so completely adorable

    ReplyDelete