Thursday, December 5, 2013

Advent

My sister does "advent" with her kids each year, so I thought I would try it out.
December First Day 1: Decorate the Christmas Tree
Autumn examining the lights.


December Second: Day 2: Picked out a family Christmas ornament
But first we went to Albertsons grocery store to spend our $20 off a $20 purchase.  We had several coupons from purchasing gift cards at Albertsons the week before.  The food/household items below cost us out of pocket seven dollars and change (which includes one children's tylenol and one children's advil.)
After that we went to the Wyoming State Museum.  This was only our second visit there, but it is easily one of my favorite places in Cheyenne.  They have a small children's section and the two times we've been there the museum has been empty.
cooking up some chow
Autumn trying on hats


Wyoming Christmas ornament.

December third: We set up our "winter wonderland" as Evan calls it.  We hung snowflakes from the ceiling and our snowflake lights, ect. in the kitchen.
December fourth: I made our advent strips (a little late I know, I should have just made a paper chain, but I wanted to laminate them and save for future use)
December fifth: We made Christmas cookies for Evan to take to the night nurses at the hospital who apparently devour sweets.  They all but threaten the residents before they started and said they "must" bring the nurses candy for their candy drawer.  Whatever.  Perfect way for me to get a couple and not have them around for days.

1 comment:

  1. Advent and Christmas cards are my favorite part of Christmas--time spent with family and time spent reading about family too far away. Good job.

    ReplyDelete