Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Catwalk, Fan Club, and Poop

In case you hadn't read in a previous post Evan bought himself a ginormous TV.  So I told him I wouldn't be buying him any other presents, (that I hadn't already bought).  I usually get most of his birthday shopping down while I'm Christmas shopping.  I had only gotten him close at this point, thus I knew it would be kinda a boring birthday, but I had to stick with my word.  So I planned a "Star" party for him.  I e-mailed our families and asked if the would write him some "fan mail".  I printed them out and put them in different envelopes for him to read throughout the day.  The fan letters were so funny!  Our families are awesome.  So Evan had a great day...Now me on the other hand...The day started off as usually.  I got Autumn some breakfast and I did a 15 minute Gillian Michaels work-out video on Amazon Prime.  Then I made myself breakfast and a shake.  I got a Ninja blender for Christmas, I mean I got Evan a Ninja blender for Christmas. So I've been making lots of shakes and drinks lately.  Then I took a shower and got ready.  Autumn peed on the bathroom floor after she took off her diaper and before I got her dressed.  Not a big deal, I just wiped it up and threw the rug in the wash.  Then, because I'm trying to be more service oriented, I was going to quickly take some homemade soup over to a gal in my ward's house, since she is sick and her husband is always out of town.  As I'm trying to hurry out the door so we aren't late for story time at the library, I'm looking for a ziplock bag to put the soup in I find a $20 bill in the drawer with the ziplock. Say what?  Where did that come from?  So I pull the drawer out more to look and find another 20 and another!  So I found $60 in the ziplock drawer! Sweet!  NOT an omen of things to come.  Dropping the soup off went well, we made it early to story time (that never happens) and I met a couple new people at the library.  The day was going pretty well.  I did have to go home to grab the Oreo Truffles I made for Evan's buddies since it was Evan's birthday.  The library is really close to the hospital, but whatever no big deal.  Then as we are waiting for Evan we are chatting with one of the ladies at the clinic.  She asks Autumn, "Are you going to sing Happy Birthday" to your dad?".  Autumn replies in the affirmative.  Then when Evan arrives Autumn proudly exclaims to daddy, "HAPPY".  Cutest thing ever.  Once we got home the trouble started.  I was doing the morning dishes and I sliced my thumb on the blender blade. Bad.  As in It took two band-Aids to stop the bleeding.  Autumn threw the biggest tantrum of her life!  Autumn wanted all her bears, Barbie, the monkey, and all her dolls in the front room for story time.  I told her no.  She laid down on the ground arms and legs spread out and cried.  Then I told her since she was throwing a fit no more stories.  Holy cow.  She started doing the ugly cry with lack of breathing and wailing.  I laid down in her bed with her and tried to calm her down.  Once I thought she was asleep I tried rolling her off my chest and into her bed.  But then the wailing started all over again.  Then as I was calming her down I fell asleep, luckily she did too.  I woke up a few minutes later and snuck out of the room.  Since I had been asleep for 5 minutes I thought I'd fold a load of laundry before I took a nap.  After all those tantrums that I can't adequately describe I was pooped.  Autumn woke up before I could take a nap.  She probably only slept for 45 minutes.  Then she proceeded to cry and cry once she woke up.  As if it was my fault she wasn't still asleep!  Then once she calmed down we colored until she got bored and then I started making dinner.  It was of course Evan's birthday and I was making a copycat Cafe Rio dressing and sweet pork.  The dressing took me an hour to make.  Autumn was "helping" at first, but then she wanted to play in the kitchen sink.  "Perfect" I think to myself, this usually occupies her for quite a while and I can finish making dinner.  As I'm testing the dressing, Autumn starts whining.  "Do you want to try some too?" I ask.  Then she holds out her hand.  "Is that poop?"  I ask.  Oh yes, yes it was. Now let me explain a little bit about how nasty a sink full of poop is.  Unlike when a baby poops in a bath tub, a sink is much much smaller, thus making the water all the more murkier.  As in I could not see the drain to unplug it.  I attempted to use a set of salad tongs to grab the drain stopper.  No luck.  I contemplated waiting for Evan to get home and making him clean up the mess.  I thought Evan should be home in 90ish minutes the whole house wouldn't stink by then I think I could wait...Then I remembered it was his birthday and thought I better do it myself.  It was so nasty, I almost added my vomit to the mess.  Then I gave Autumn a real bath in the tub and scrubbed my kitchen sink.  So that is why it took me an hour to make the dressing for the salad, at which I had used up all the lettuce for a couple days before.  Whoops.  Finally Evan got home and took Autumn next door and played with her while I finished making dinner and setting up for Evan's party.  Lucky for me my mother-in-law came by to see if I needed help.  We made a red carpet and lined it with white lights.  We also hung up gold stars, set the table and I started the slide show of pictures of Evan.
 Oh yeah, I also forgot to make Evan's birthday brownies in the midst of making dinner and picking up messes.  Alas they were made and Autumn enjoyed the batter.
 Helping daddy open presents with having a facetime chat with Evan's sister.
 Autumn on the cat walk.
 working it
 He has no shame
 
 Did I mention she picked out her own outfit after she refused to get dressed after her multiple baths.
Yay!  For Evan being born.

4 comments:

  1. haha i like the "3" and 2 candles... i totally did that for justin's birthday... maybe I always do that for his birthday =P I loved autumn's outfit! Happy happy, Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Autumn's shirt. She must have somebody in the airplane business who loves her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice almost pooped in the tub today too! Yeah. Also, Alice picks out her clothes just about every day. I want to put a sign on her back that says, "My mother buys me cute, matching clothes, but I insist on wearing nasty hand-me-downs that make me look like a trailer park." I think Autumn did a pretty good job of dressing herself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GROSS! I would have contemplated leaving the poop mess too. Your parties are always awesome! Happy birthday Evan.

    ReplyDelete