On New Years Eve after Autumn went to bed Evan and I went over to the neighbors house. We played "The Man Game" board game, where girls can play, but they better now win. I was awesome at that game especially with the physical challenges like kick a ping pong ball through a target, flick a coin through a target ect. The game was taking too long so we didn't finish, but when we called it quits I was in third and Evan had already lost and been kicked out of the game. Then we all ate 10 grapes at 10 o'clock to ring in the new year and made 10 wishes, which is a Spanish tradition (except you are suppose to do it a midnight and eat 12 grapes for the 12 strokes of midnight) I learned about this tradition when I visited Spain a few years ago. The grapes I bought were ginormous. The activity proved to be quite comical.
Anyhow on to the resolutions. I didn't start making resolutions until I started this blog. I really like reading other people's resolutions, I find it inspiring. Plus if I write down my resolutions I feel like I am accountable to the blog-o-sphere and my father-in-law who reminds me quite often that my resolution last year was to stretch more. "How's that stretching coming, Amber?"
Let recount how awesome/less awesome I was last year:
1. Blog
-Stop putting every single picture I take on the blog. I still put a ton of pictures, but I think only the best ones right?
2. Mind
-read 6 books.(check) I read an interesting book about professional bull riding, a volunteer writing teacher at a juvenile prison, and the book, "annoying" among others.
-Learn how to use Photo Shop. (check)I finally opened it up and have used it a few times, but am not very good at editing photos yet. I'm going to sign up for an online class through the community college here.
3. Body:
-Exercise. This will be a repeat goal. I joined a gym when we moved to Cheyenne, but it doesn't have child care. I can go in the evening when Evan gets home, but by then I'm just way too tired. This past week I started doing some exercise videos on Amazon Prime. The Gillian Michael's ones totally kick my booty, so I'll think I'll stick with this plan. Working out in the morning just works better for me.
-Drink 64 oz. of water a day. (check) I rocked this one. My mom got me a nice water bottle last Christmas and for some reason it is easier to remember to drink water if it is out of a bottle.
-Stretch daily. Ok David we'll make this a repeat goal ;)
4. Soul
-Go to the temple 4 times. (check) It takes a lot more planning and forethought to go to the temple when you have a kid. We'll make this a repeat goal too.
-Read my scriptures 5 days a week. I stink at reading my scriptures. Definitely a repeat goal.
New Resolutions for this year. We had a good talk today in Church on "moving forward with faith" which included resolutions, but the speaker talked about making short term goals. So I think I will revisit these goals in 3 months and see how I'm doing oppose to 12 months-I had a ton of goals for this year, but I'll just write what I think I can do in 3 months.
-I resolve to be more earth friendly. I will try and remember to take my reusable shopping bags to the grocery store. Also I will try and hand wash more dishes so I don't run the dish washer as often.
-I read this horrifying book about disconnected from media. I actually didn't finish it because it was giving me lots of anxiety about what an awful society we are becoming. Thus I resolve for Tuesdays to be a no tech day (I've done this for 2 Tuesdays so far. And so far so good. I did use the computer to find a recipe, but I already had it saved so it wasn't like I was spending forever looking for a new recipe) so I can focus more on Autumn and no Facebook on Fridays.
-I watched this train wreck of a show called "Cheapskates". Oh boy did those people put me to shame when it comes to being cheap. And although most of their habits I would consider social unacceptable. I did learn some tricks. One man did a financial fast for one week each month. (They don't spend any money for an entire week). I tried this in January. We did spend $1.19 on a Red Box movie (The Way Way Back-which I highly recommend). My plan was to see a movie in the theater since we had movie passes, but Evan wasn't interested in seeing anything. The only problem with the fast is I noticed a slight "feast" if you will before and after the fast. However I was missing some ingredients for Evan's birthday dinner and we just did without. I will also try to avoid the grocery store. I am not good at "running in for a couple things" I end up with a full cart.
-I want to start a one day a week preschool with Autumn. Hasn't happened yet. Although she is getting pretty good at her letters.
Now per my father's request some photos Autumn took with my old digital camera
One day she took a picture of each of the books in her book basket. This one is currently one of her favorites, "Knuffle Bunny Free"
The farm and some of her "girls"
Me, pink bear, and the farm with Rapunzel on top (which appears to be her favorite girl)
I took this picture. I came out of the bathroom one day to find Autumn had moved the end table in front of the bathroom door and had blocked me in. She also put the Disney princesses with the nativity set.
Artsy picture of the bathroom sink
OOooo OO
Oooo oo and Babee
Girl and Daddy Bear. (come to think of it this is kinda a creepy picture of Daddy bear, I'll have to have a talk with him and tell him to be less creepy)
Also Autumn did probably the cutest thing of her life today in nursery. She was playing with afake camera, when I noticed she no longer had it, but was still saying "CHEEEEEEEEESE". I look around and noticed Autumn had placed the fake camera across the room (self timer style) put one of the dolls on her lap and was saying "cheese" for her picture. I love that Autumn has a great imagination. Even if it takes longer to eat meals, get ready for bed, or really everything takes longer when you have to involve Autumn's whole entourage. Autumn is stinkin' adorable and becoming quite the smarty pants.
i like your resolutions! i always have workout goals and i like jillian michaels 30 day shred. that's my backup if i don't make it to the gym. it makes me so sore!
ReplyDeleteAutumn is an amazingly awesome photographer. I like her artsy style and her off-beat sense of framing. She needs her own blog now. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI love your goals. Thanks for sharing! Autumn sounds so cute these days. I was watching Curious George the other day and he reminded me of Autumn for some reason. They are both very lovable characters :)
ReplyDeleteSelf timer ftw! That is so great!
ReplyDelete