Evan signed up for a medical conference in Orlando with the intent of taking me along with him. Before the conference started we had lots to do and see. First up we went to Daytona Beach. Evan grew up in the neighboring city. We saw international speedway and the place where they hold the Daytona 500. We were even there for "race week" so it was quite busy there. The next morning we woke up early to check something off my bucket list: see the sun rise over the ocean. (I grew up on the west coast where the sun sets over the ocean). It was nice that Evan booked a hotel right on the beach so we just walked over to the pier. It was worth it to wake up early.
There were people fishing off the pier. One man had caught a baby shark. Evan asked if he could get a picture of the shark. The guy said, "Sure, but you have to hold it." It was pretty hilarious to walk Evan timidly pick up the shark. I'm not mocking-there's no way I would have picked it up.
"look I'm holding it!"
Then the man was like, "NO! like this". It was pretty funny.
Evan getting a little braver.
The boardwalk area
AWWW....
Then we walked down the street to grab some Ihop. This is in front of the Civic Center? Where Evan had his high school graduation ceremony.
Then we visited the light house. Evan has a picture in this same spot in the same pose from years ago.
Next item on the bucket list: Go in the Atlantic Ocean. I did go in the water, but Evan took a video of that...and it was too cold to stay in the water for too long.
Then we drove by Evan's schools, parks his family use to visit, and of course the house Evan grew up in on Kendrew Drive. His parents moved while he was in college and even though we have almost been married 6 years this is the first time I've been back to his hometown. I'm sure it won't be the last. It seems like a great place to grow up. And I can't believe how close he lived to the beach. And the beach there has free and plentiful parking unlike the beaches in CA. Maybe it is different in the summertime though...
FUN!!! I could use a little trip to Florida right about now. Looks like Autumn stayed home, I love those kind of getaways...kid free!
ReplyDeleteI love that you finally got your Florida vacation. You really made the most of it. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete