Friday, February 28, 2014

Pre-conference Orlando Fun

Like I said in my last post we went to Florida because Evan had a medical conference.  But I forgot to mention that my mom flew in a few days before we left so she could watch Autumn and we could take a trip by ourselves (hence the lack of Autumn pictures)!  So after our trip to the beach ect.  we headed to the place where "Dreams come true"  (but apparently not the "Happiest place on earth).
 My first time at Disney World..notice the button they gave me.
 Maybe it is just what I'm use to but I still think DisneyLAND is better than Disney World.  Evan still holds fast that world is better.  But for my first example the small world clock is inside the ride line.  I mean really?  That is like a main feature at Disneyland.  Also there is no "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" or "Matterhorn".

 But they do have our favorite ride...even if it has a different name-The Buzz Light Year ride.  I tried to convince Evan to make a funny face when they took the picture but all 4 times we rode he made the same super serious super focused face.


 Since we decided to buy a 5 day pass to the parks we had lots of time to do frivolous things like watch "The Hall of Presidents"  animatronics show.  Plus pretty much the same rides that are at Disney World are at Disneyland/California Adventures, but it is spread out over 4 parks instead of 2 so you have to fill your time somehow.  Anyhow I haven't seen it and wanted to....so we did.
The next day we had a full day to spend at a park.  We woke up early (again) and got to Universal Studios Island of Adventures, parked ect.  just a couple minutes after the park opened.  We jogged all the way to the back of the park so we could get in line early for the Hogwarts ride.  We wouldn't have had to wait so long, but people in front of us kept stopping to take pictures of the cool decorations inside the ride line (ok I guess we did that too ^)
I however did NOT ride the ride.  It is a simulation thing and those make me so ill so I passed.  I did try some butter beer though (it tasted like cream soda).  I haven't ever been to a Universal park before.  I was really impressed with the attention to detail, I guess I wasn't really expecting that.


We were bummed that the Jurassic Park ride was closed the week we were there for maintenance (same with Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom :(

Back to Hogwarts after riding or shall I say Evan riding some roller coasters.  As much as I love roller coasters they always make me sick and these ones looked pretty throw-up inducing so I passed.
"Hogsmeade"  was pretty cool, yet confussing since they had things there that I'm pretty sure were in Diagon Alley not Hogsmeade, but they are building Diagon Alley so we'll have to go back when that is finished.
We didn't ride any of the rides in Suess land, but it all looked so cute.  Since they have a "single rider" line for most of the big stuff Evan got to ride several rides in a very short period of time and was "done" for the day.  So we walked around a bit and ended up going back to the hotel around 3:30 and both taking very long naps.


I told Cat in the Hat to do a "duck" face for our selfie.  He straight up chuckled when I said that.  Also we are both still drying off from a couple water rides.

[Comic] strip cafe.  Bad placement ay?

The "characters" we much easier to take pictures of here than at Disney.  They are just hanging out on the sidewalks and we would wait for maybe one or two people to take a picture, then it was our turn.  
[in front of The Hulk ride]

3 comments:

  1. So fun! We did the same thing in May. I kind of agree with the Disneyland thing though. It's weird having the rides spread out so much but we still loved it! Man, that's too bad you get sick on the coasters. I love the universal rides. This makes me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 days. That's intense. Greg agrees with Evan the WORLD is better than LAND, but I don't know...guess I can't really say seeing how as I've never been to DisneyWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Mr Toad's wild ride WAS splash mountain, which you wouldn't have seen if it was closed... I haven't been to Land, so I will not comment on that!

    ReplyDelete