We went to Hollywood Studios, which has my favorite ride, Toy Story Mania. We rode that one twice and I also rode the roller coaster there that is Aero Smith themed. Evan and I both went in the single rider line, which moves much quicker than the regular line, you just don't get to ride together. So I ended up next to a 10ish year old boy. I asked him if he was scared? To which he replied, "NO" and it was obvioius that he wasn't he was so giddy. Well it was fun until we did a cork screw and I thought I was going to puke. The ride slowed down and I said "oh, please let it be over". The kid next to be says, "no, no, keep going". We went back and forth like this for a bit, but luckily I won out and it was indeed over. No pictures from this day, because unfortunately my camera battery had died.
Like I said before because things are spread out over 4 parks in Disney World we got to do some things we don't usually do, including riding on the Liberty Square River Boat and seeing the Country Bear Jamboree (which I think I've only seen once, and it wasn't with my family-my father never allowed us to watch shows/parades...best time to ride the rides is when everyone is watching the parade. How true that is.)
I had to ask about 17 "cast members" before Mike directed me to where I could find a giant pickle. It was one of the things I was really looking forward to on this trip and I thought for sure I was going to miss my opportunity. In case you're wondering I found it at a "fruit stand" in Liberty Square near the river boat. Later I also spotted some outside the Jungle Cruise at a stand. At Disneyland they sell them in huge barrels in plain sight, not in individually wrapped packages hidden next to fruit.
We practically ran to the Ariel ride in the new Fantasy Land to use our fast pass, but were 20 minutes early so we checked out the info on the Disney Vacation Club. Frank filled us in on the details. He let me know I was a "driver" because when he asked us if we had an questions I cut to the chase and said, "how much does it cost?" (a one time fee of $16,000 for 50 years of membership). I try to hide how bossy, competitive and abrasiveness if you will. But apparently my first impression still needs to be worked on. Frank assured me it was a good thing I cut to the chase....
These pictures are for Autumn. My mom who was watching her started to show her clips of Ariel's voice being taken by Ursula and now walks around the house singing, "Aww aww aww awww aww"
Sunday we went to the Animal Kingdom park. We weren't planning on going to this park, since we aren't zoo people...it really isn't worth it to go there unless you get a multiple day pass.
We went on the Safari ride. My favorite part was when the real life hippo twitched its ears, like the fake ones on the Jungle Cruise.
There is a tram a head of us. Sometimes you get really close to the animals.
This tree has different animals carved out of it...pretty cool
The only parade we saw and it was pretty lame, but we had good seats. Then we rode Dinosaur which is kinda like Indiana Jones, I was queasy but doing fine. Then I really wanted to ride the roller coaster at this park...bad idea. Half way threw I threw up while the ride was still going. Then ran over the ride (the wrong way...woops) and threw up again in the bushes then 2 more times in a trash can. That is when I asked Evan to find out where a first aid station was located. He got me a wheel chair and wheeled me there only threw up once on the way to first aid. Then slept for 1.5 hours. Threw up 2 more times. By this time the park was closed and the nurse was telling us we had to leave. So Evan wheeled me all the way to the parking lot...I was NOT going to ride the parking lot tram. Threw up again then three more times on the way to the airport. Twice in the airport and twice on the plane. Then again after we had to ride the airport tram. And surprisingly not a single time on the two hour trip from Denver to Cheyenne, even though my dad was driving. Just too much Disney I guess. What a way to end the trip.
Autumn drew a "baby" in the bath tub, She didn't want her picture taken, but I thought this baby was exceptional for a 2 year old.
Grandma reading to Autumn before her nap. And apparently Autumn doing something bossy. (Gee where does she get that from?)
Parents! So glad they were able to come and visit...and take care of Autumn!
Of course you didn't throw up on the way home, 1) I'm an "excellent driver", 2) there were no more stomach contents left.
ReplyDelete