I love Evan's birthday. I love it more than my own birthday. He just gets so excited and really appreciates the little things I do for him. I took the kiddos to the doctor's for their well child visits then we took Evan lunch. I ordered his lunch on line thinking I could leave the kids in the car and just run in and get it, I even pre paid for it. Oh but no. There was a huge line. I had to carry all three kids in the restaurant because Autumn was refusing to walk. Then I had to maneuver through the crowded restaurant while all 3 kids were crying. Then we waited for forever for the food. Then I carried all three kids back to the car and drove across town to drop off his lunch. Luckily Evan came out and got it so I didn't have to unload 3 kids again. And he was very appreciative.
Autumn helped me make brownies and got put in time-out twice for poking her fingers in the brownies and trying to snitch them early. I didn't have all the ingredients for dinner that Evan requested so we had sweet and sour meat balls.
Then we finally let Autumn have a brownie.
As a kid Evan always requested that his birthday presents go under the Christmas tree so I've carried on the tradition, but this year we spiced up the tree a bit to make it a "birthday tree".
I put notes in the balloons so he got to pop them and have a little surprise.
Cuddles with my new electric blanket...It was really cold that day.
I didn't get Evan any gifts this year because he bought himself a reciever. He found a steal of a deal on it so a week or so before Christmas he drove to Denver to pick it up. I told him the only stipulation with his present was he couldn't use it until his birthday. And true to Evan and our little "deals" he tried to weasle out of it and asked more than once if he could "just test it out". But I was firm and he enjoyed it that much more on his birthday. The kiddos however did buy him some clothes.
Autumn had to put on her sweat shirt and sweat pants to match daddy.
Oh did I mention Evan totaled his car on the way to pick up his birthday present? Luckily he is fine, and the tow truck driver brought him home so I didn't have to drive all the way down there to pick him up...Now we are back to sharing a car and searching for another one.
Your birthday tree turned out way cuter than my New Year's tree. I"ll have to try streamers next year.
ReplyDeleteI love your birthday tree! Sad to hear about your car - I hope you find a replacement quickly.
ReplyDelete