Being a mom of twins is really great. It was very tough the first few months, but I feel like we've turned a corner. The babies for the most part sleep 12 hours at night. They go to bed easily and nap well. They are what I would call "easy" babies. Don't get me wrong there are still two of them. I typically don't go somewhere unless I know my friends are going to be there. I'm very independent and pre two babies it wouldn't have bothered me to take Autumn to the mall play place or the park by myself, but now it is nice to know I'll have an extra set of hands when I go out. Like when Violet peed all over the changing table at the library. I passed Violet and Maverick off to friends and cleaned up. Church is terrible. It is hard to get one baby to sleep while an organ plays/harsh lighting/and tons of people, but two babies near impossible these days. I also live on the second floor of our building. I typically take three trips up and down the stairs to get all three kids out of the car. But you should see my biceps ;)
One of the best things...if not THE best is putting the kiddos in matchy-matchy outfits. I think I was giving Autumn a bath and the babes were watching. They kept "stealing" Autumn's toys. So now they have been nick-named Monster Maverick and Villian Violet.
We had some snow and then it was really warm for a few days. By the time Grandma and Grandpa came home from work our snowman was missing some limbs.
I meant to take more pictures at my "girls night" but this is all I got. I have been blessed with really great friends here and I have pictures of their kids, but I forget to take pictures of my friends.
One thing I have learned with two small babies and a toddler is to improvise and lower my standards. I use to do all my laundry on Mondays. Now I toss whatever is in the basket in the laundry once a day...no checking pockets and no color sorting (sorry mom). It gets done but it isn't pretty. Evan's white dress shirt now has pink stripes on the bottom of it...I said, "well you better tuck it in". I have also learned how to get around with two babes. Two wraps. Thanks for the idea Kenzie. We look a hot mess, but it works. The first time I did it I had a lady pull over and ask if I wanted her daughter to walk me home. When I explained we were just out for a walk she said, "are you sure? You look like you're struggling?" I said "Thanks, but we always look like this". I'm always so pleasantly surprised by the amount of people who want to help me. I had a friend ask, "do you get sick of people always asking if you need help?" I said "NO!! I almost always take them up on their offer for help, so no I don't get sick of it I need it!"
Autumn is so funny when it comes to getting her picture taken. It has to be on her terms. Here she is in her pirate costume on the way to a birthday party.
Here she is before a Valentine's play date when she asked me to take her picture.
Evan was home from work and studying, so I called him to come take a picture of how ridiculous we looked on our walk. I didn't bring the stroller and Autumn got tired. I was tired too and just wanted to get home so I flung her up on my shoulders. I almost caused a few accidents from all the rubber-neckers.
Both kiddos fell asleep on the walk, until their big sister started talking/screaming at them.
I see you've finally come around to my way of doing laundry. It works.
ReplyDeleteok, I am looking for another ergo for you! Wait a minute, I have a knock off if you are willing to stoop ;) Your skills are impressive!
ReplyDeleteI love Autumns sad face with the snowman. Your kids are growing up too fast. I need to see them again.
ReplyDeleteFor those mixed laundry lots... buy a box of Shout Color Catchers... they look like thick dryer sheets, but in some magical way they 'catch' any dye that runs from colored clothes. They're not very expensive, and I LOVE THEM for lazy mixed loads. :)
ReplyDelete