Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Road Trip

I was planning on taking the kids to Utah since Evan's schedule is a little heavier in March.  I also wanted to visit some friends, family, find a used double stroller for the kids, go clothes shopping, and get portraits taken of the kids.  Well last minute my niece and nephew's dad was finally letting them get baptized so we combinded our Utah trip with a South West trip as well.  The first leg to pick up Evan's sister was pretty rough...Maverick cried for several hours.  The second leg to AZ was even worse.  The next couple legs were better with better timing of naps and bed time.
I stuck the twins in the way back so no adults had to sit up there.  It made things interesting when I wanted to take them out of there seats...through the back of the car.
Kallie girl and her mom
enjoying the perfect AZ weather.

Maverick enjoyed his scooter ride with aunt Meagan.
Autumn giving the clippy girls a ride on the bike.



On our way to Utah we stayed in a hotel in Kanab.  I went go get something and when I returned Autumn had snuggled up to Violet in bed with her. 
Autumn the only one who got to enjoy the soaking tub at the hotel.
One of the best parts of the trip happened waiting in a parking lot.  I taught Autumn how to play line tag (which she kept calling LION tag) while the twins watched.

My BFF came buy and brought her man child.  He is 5 weeks younger than the twins and has about 6 pounds on Maverick.
And apparently he's a bully too.
My "little" brother works at LDS media something or other.  We toured the lot where they shoot lots of historic movies.
Autumn said, "I want to do a frown-ie face"


Hanging out with our friends from WY that moved to Utah.

Great-Grandpa Sune.
I celebrated the big 2-8 in Utah.  I took myself (and 3 kids) shopping at the outlets.  Then we had a picnic with JDawgs yum!





Both babies are like their dad and can't possible look anywhere near the sun.
Great-Grandma Dorothy
Autumn being helpful.  All I wanted for my birthday was a costco chocolate cake...Hannah delivered




Noah took us on a hike.  He has Violet on his back.  Autumn even earned her "pee in the woods" merit badge.
Hanging out at University Villa where Evan and I met...and where Uncle Noah now lives.

We stopped by my Aunt's place on our way out of town.  These two 9 year old twin boys were so cute with Autumn.  They also taught me that they hate sharing a birthday because they have to share a cake.  Noted get two cakes.
Aunt Deb

2 comments:

  1. You're a rock star. Can't believe those babies are 6 months already! Why don't you road trip out here next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. My grandkids are so stinkin cute! I LOVE Autumn's frownie face. She should be a model with all her pensive expressions.

    ReplyDelete