Monday, July 6, 2015

10 months/ the Fourth

This is how the summer has been thus far...I never did finish putting away our winter gear.  So one day Autumn took her snow boots out to jump in some rain puddles...while in her bathing suit.

The babes are 10 months and are getting very hard to photograph.










After the pancake breakfast on the Fourth of July Evan says to me, "I want to start a tradition of taking the kids to the firework store and letting them pick something out."  Well just as I suspected Evan came back with a whole ton of fireworks.  So we spent all evening and into the night setting off fireworks.  Evan thought it would be safer to do them in the back yard on the grass instead of in the front in the big asphalt parking lot.  I quickly figured out by safer he meant...safer from the cops, not fires. [Editor's note: I wet all the surrounding areas including, fence, roof, grass, rooftops, grass on other side of fence for safety. I had the ground really wet...no problems. Autumn said multiple times while lighting fireworks, "This is the best day ever".]


Autumn wears this crown a lot in stead of doing her hair.

We took a break from doing our own fireworks and went to the top of our street to see the city fireworks.  Autumn fell asleep on my lap.  Then Evan did more fireworks.
This is often my view these days.  My children are all mobile, but not all of them know how to entertain themselves in a constructive manner, so the twins often get stuck in their seats.  As long as I continue to get them food they are happy.  They eat a lot.  They like fruit, peanut butter sandwiches, yogurt, Cheerios, Life cereal, pancakes, french toast, oatmeal, black olives (pretty much anything I give them)
They are quick.  They like to make music.  One of Maverick's favorite "toys" is an empty protein powder canister.  It makes a great drum...and it rolls.

Autumn loved this car when she was the twinners' age.  The kids love it too.  I don't often have time to push them around, but they like to play with it when it is on its side too.
Violet is a daddy's girl.  She'll often hold on to his leg during dinner too.

Maverick loves to play peek-a-boo with the curtain.
Maverick loves to get into the toilet, the plunger, the cupboard where I keep the cleaning supplies, and unrolling the toilet paper.  Violet loves outlets and taking all the wipes out of the wipes container.
The babes each only drink 24 oz of formula each day.  They are in size 3 diapers and rapidly growing out of their 9 month clothes.  Maverick now claps, and Violet is a fierce dancer.



3 comments:

  1. Such adorable kids! We did absolutely zero fireworks this year...sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids kill me! They are too cute and remind me a bit too much of my hoodlums. Wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of hoots! Can't get enough of them. What are the plans for their birthday?!

    ReplyDelete