Monday, November 30, 2015

Moving On

In the middle of September we got serious about finding a home to buy.  Evan came home one day and said we had an appointment with the bank to get a loan.  I was nervous and didn't even know what questions to ask.  But our loan lady was awesome and Evan and I both left thinking how easy it had been.  Then one night we scheduled to go out and look at houses with our real estate agent.  Neither one of us were very hopeful from the list of prospects our agent had given us.  Luckily at lunch that day I was browsing through house listings and found one I was really excited about. So our agent added it to the list.  We put an offer on the house as soon as we saw it.  It turns out 8 people put offers on the house that night and the next morning.  That next day was nerve raking.  Fortunately we won!  We closed on the house October 29th.
After the sale of the house was "pending"  I got to work on this bed for Autumn.  She had been sleeping on the floor for months since we took her bed when the twins were waking in the night and not going back to sleep because they could see us.  I slept in this bed when I was little.
I remember staring at this "face" all the time when I was a kid.
The wear and tear from being in storage for years.
Our real estate agent Mistie, fulfilled a special request. She brought us a "SOLD" sign instead of the lame "under contract" one that was in the front yard.
Here are the kids acting like Hansel and Gretel and leaving bread crumbs all over the new house. This was the day we got the house and started prepping for move-in.
I painted the brass inserts black for a little update.
Taking a break on painting day.

New couch!
New washer and dryer in their own room

Evan priming Autumn's room to transform it from blue to pink!
Evan's dad painting.  He spent all day at our house painting even though it was his birthday!

2 comments: