Our ward Halloween party was ultra lame last year, so I volunteered to plan it. THEN we bought a house and closed on it Halloween weekend, so I settled for planning a Halloween playgroup instead.
Autumn and her buddy from Joy School, Merabeth. They were both fairies. Autumn insisted on being a pink fairy with a non-itchy costume. My mom did a great job.I made Maverick's knight costume for under $5. The hat was a bit off, but overall I was very proud of myself.
Violet was a dragon. My mom bought the costume years ago for me before we had any kids.
We played wrap the mummy, had a scavenger hunt, spider maze, and below you can see the "throw the bean bag through the spider web game".
Three Fairies. I guess that was the theme this year.
I thought of Evan's costume over the summer, and when I found the hat at Target I knew he had to do it. He was Bruno Mars from the Uptown Funk video. (or as Autumn would say Uptown funky wunky). Also a side note as a result of watching that video multiples times Autumn has learned what soap tastes like after saying "Hot Damn" over and over, just to get at me)
He wore his outfit to work for the work luncheon. His coworkers indulged him and treated him like a rock star. Someone took a picture of him and then printed them out so he could sign "autographs" at lunch and pass them out.
The Princess with her Knight and Dragon (too young to refuse to be a part of the group costumes)
She is a daddy's girl!
On Halloween after a full day of painting our new house. We crashed another ward's Halloween party (since our ward didn't do one).
Autumn Trunk-or-Treating with her pal Sophie (Sophie dressed up as Izzy from "Jack and the Neverland" pirates.)
Maverick walking the plank.
Violet almost getting eaten by an alligator! Then we went home and I put all the kids to bed while Evan went back to painting. I thought Halloween was lame. We didn't even take Autumn out door to door. But alas, she told me more than once that it was "the best Halloween EVER". I have to remind myself that kids do not have the same expectations that adult-Pinterest obsessed-women have.
Amen--to that last part.
ReplyDelete