Thursday, December 10, 2015

California Thanksgiving

When I found out my younger sister was going to California for Thanksgiving we decided to plan a trip to Grandma's house too.
Day one:  Airport.  We showed up for our flight "late".  As in we were there 5 minutes before it was suppose to leave, but they wouldn't let us on.  Even though there was still room on the plane and they hadn't closed the gate yet.  "Sorry you have to be here at least 10 minutes before your departure time."  I hate the Denver airport.  The security line is always way busy and you have to take that stupid tram to get to the terminals.  Anyhow since it was the weekend before Thanksgiving you could imagine how crowded it was and the flights were all oversold.  We tried stand-by for several hours to no avail.  So we found a quiet spot and waited for another flight.  We ended up sitting in the airport for 12 hours!! We had three airport meals, and got very familiar with terminal C,  Autumn and Violet rode the tram several times and played on the escalator.  Luckily Maverick wasn't feeling well so he just chilled with me most of the day.
Violet surprisingly took a solid nap in her stroller.
We brought Autumn's new favorite toy (Duplos) in her carry-on.
She watched "The Incredibes" for about 20 minutes.  The rest of the day she seriously either played with the Duplos or was exploring the airport.

Day 2: Church.  The babies made it about half way through Sacrament meeting before I took the screaming tired children home.

Day 3: DISNEYLAND (separate post coming for that day)
Day 4:  Recovery from Disneyland
Day 5: We drove to the LA science museum.  I met up with a good friend from high school who lives in L.A.  The museum was huge (and free)  I think Autumn and my niece Korey really liked it.  I yelled at Evan for not helping me with directions and he didn't talk to me the rest of the trip.
Day 6: Thanksgiving
I would say we woke up "early", but we woke up at regular time and went to watch Hannah, Preston, and Jess run the 5K turkey trot.
Brittany was very excited to take a picture with the Turkey.
The Runners.
While waiting for the feast we "revealed" the gender of our baby.  Evan and I already knew.  I just thought it would be fun to have a "reveal" with my family since we live so far away and don't often get to do silly/fun things like this with our family.  I was going to make a pinata, but I found this perfect Mario Kart question mark at the party store.
Proud parents.
The people who were guessing "Boy"
Team Pink (Noah came to visit me and saw the ultrasound picture (not gender revealing) on the fridge.  He guessed I was having a girl.  Apparently I made some "face" that gave it away and he was totally convinced it was a girl.)
Violet was first up for the pinata (Maverick was taking a nap)



Kjersti finally cracked it...
It's a girl!


We wanted a family picture on Thanksgiving.  When I was looking to see if everyone was in the shot I called my brother's girlfriend, Brittany, his ex-girlfriend's name (and it wasn't the first time I did that that weekend).  So I swore.  Everyone laughed and we have a funny picture to prove what a dork I am.

Violet and Maverick at the "big kids' table"

Maverick still cranky and sick (he ended up getting roseola too)
post turkey naps, puzzle and football.
My aunt brought up some of her daughter's old toys so Autumn would have something to play with at Great-Grandma's house.

Violet apparantly thinks Aunt Hannah is way funny.

Day 7: Beach

I told Autumn to hold Korey's hand so I could get a picture...
But she wouldn't stay still
And ended up losing her pants!
Violet loved the beach. The water ended up being way warmer than I thought it would be.  Violet and Autumn enjoyed running in and out of the waves.
Maverick and Evan






 Autumn and her cousin Korey


 She's THREE!!
Autumn as an octopus 

1 comment:

  1. Alice keeps asking, "Is that me or Autumn? Why aren't there any pictures of me?"

    ReplyDelete