About a month before our Disneyland trip we told Autumn that we would be going to Disneyland during our Thanksgiving trip. She had no idea what Disneyland was. I'm glad we didn't do a "surprise" trip. Each night for weeks instead of a story in her bed I told her about Disneyland. I told her about the rides and in what order we'd go on the rides. I even printed out a map so she'd be more familiar with the rides/park layout. When the day came, she didn't whine or complain the whole day. She knew exactly what to expect. They only questions were things like "Mom, I forget what is after Dumbo?" As a kid my family went to Disneyland every year and we only went for one day, so that is what we did. We went to California Adventure and Disneyland in one (long) day.
One of the best parts about Disneyland...riding on the parking lot tram to the park. The anticipation is awesome.Autumn with her "first visit" button waiting to get into the park. (A friend of ours recently went to Disney World and she wore an Aurora dress, so Autumn wanted to wear one too. Good thing I had just bought one on a Halloween sale. Also as a side note, Aurora is now Autumn's favorite princess since she wears pink.)
Autumn and Evan in front of the Mickey head at the entrance.
on main street
Waiting for the park to open! I was really worried about busy lines so we showed up really early and waited 30 minutes to get into the park.
1st ride: Astro Blasters.
I don't do spinny rides...Dumbo
Posing for the camera
Autumn informed me that she did not like 4 of the rides...Mr. Toad's wild ride was one of them.
Taking a couple pictures before getting out of her itchy dress.
New hat while Evan rode Matterhorn
One of their favorites [Editor's Note: I especially like the Christmas themed "It's a Small World" did.
Toon town...which is usually not all that crowded... was very packed!
Pluto! This was one of Autumn's favorite things
After she kissed his nose he wiped the kiss off. Autumn thought it was so funny.
Minnie Mouse's house
Minnie had to take a break right before we got to meet her...so we left. Autumn I think has forgiven me.
Aladdin. Autumn told him all about how Dad dressed up as Aladdin for Halloween a few years ago and she was the tiger and mom was Jasmine.
Getting trapped in the park by a parade. So we asked a "cast member" how to get out and they just told us to watch the parade and gave us special seating.
Waiting to eat lunch with Ariel at her Grotto.
She was real nervous to meet Ariel.
Getting excited to meet the rest of the princesses.
There is a guy at the back of the dinning hall announcing the entrance of the other princesses. Autumn spent most of the lunch standing up!
I wish I had a picture of Evan at lunch. He was just as fun to watch (as he watched Autumn) as Autumn was to watch.
Rapunzel
Belle
Cinderella
Tiana
California Adventure
Autumn rode the carousel several times while I waited in line for Toy Story Mania
Evan rode the new ride in Cars land, Radiator Springs Racer, so Autumn and I had ice cream for dinner and saw Mater.
We went back to Disneyland. Evan and I took turns riding Splash Mountain and Autumn fell asleep during the fireworks show. We thought she'd stay asleep so we rode Pirates of the Caribbean...she woke up and that was on of the four rides she was afraid of (along with Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Pinocchio).
But Mr Toad's my favorite! I'm glad you all enjoyed it anyways.
ReplyDelete