Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas

Evan had to work on Christmas (as well as Christmas Eve and the rest of that weekend) so he chose to go into the hospital at 5 am so he could be home when the kids woke up.  I heard Evan leaving and couldn't get back to bed until he made it home around 6:45 am....and then we both laid in bed awake, waiting for all the kids to wake up.  Alas Autumn woke up.  Evan blocked the hallway with the couch so Autumn couldn't sneak out and get to the tree before we did.



She found the pickle on the tree and won the "pickle prize"
locating her stocking.
We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast then finally had to go wake up Violet and Maverick.
They had chocolate chip waffles for breakfast...
but Maverick ate the rest of Santa's cookies first.
Opening Evan's stocking.
They love to follow each other around.  They were not interested in opening gifts.


Traditional stocking picture..kinda



When I was little I had an Avon Belvedeer light up reindeer.  It only came out at Christmas time and I loved it.  One year when we took the Christmas decorations out of the attic, my mom gasped!  Poor Belvedeer's nose had been eaten by a rat.  So we saved the scarf and I got a replacement bear/dog thing instead (it is in the first picture).  Any how Autumn has been really into hearing about past Christmases and talking about Christmas each night before she goes to bed.  So I told her the story of my beloved Belvedeer.  So multiple times she told me she was going to buy me one.  She was very convinced this was going to happen.  So one night I searched Ebay and noticed there were quite a few for sale and at a reasonable price.  So with the help of Ebay savvy friend.  I bought one.  Then a few nights later Evan and Autumn went on the computer to "buy" one for me and when it arrived in the mail they wrapped it together.  She was so excited to give it to me.  She is very thoughtful.

Evan got lots of things for the house!
We gave Violet some fake phones.

Autumn and Maverick tweeting away
I'm very good at guessing what my gifts are...you could call it a talent...or a curse.  Either way this year Evan wrapped all my gifts in a large box.  Some of the gifts were wrapped multiple times in multiple boxes.  It was very thoughtful
The smallest box ended up being an iPhone.  I finally joined the 21st century and have a smart phone.

Twinner statues!

They liked to play with the toys once they were opened...not so interested in actually opening them.

Santa hid the toys in the play room.  No one has played with the kitchen....not even once.

After naps we went to Grandma Linda and Grandpa David's house.  Violet truly enjoyed the eggnog toast.

Video chatting with the rest of the family.
Frozen tent from Aunt Sara

Maverick loves to rearrange and move things around.  He decided that all the cereal should go in the tent.

GO POKES!

1 comment:

  1. Dump trucks are always a big hit at our house too. But no matter how many we have they still find a reason to fight over them. Did Doug and Linda move too?

    ReplyDelete