Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Evan's Birthday

Autumn has been on a "tell me about the next holiday" kick at bed time instead of a story.  So in length we talked about Evan's birthday.  The plan was to make my tried and true banana muffins and a new recipe of zucchini muffins. The plan was to take them to dad and his friend's at work and to bring dad lunch too.  But then dad's lunch meeting got cancelled. Luckily he called to tell me that before we left (but not before everyone was buckled in the car.)  So we ended up with a ton of muffins.  Maverick was not disappointed.  He would almost do a whole pull-up to get to the muffins on the counter.
Evan picked up pizza on the way home from work and his parents and his brother joined us for a "party".

After Christmas I asked him to pick up some clearance wrapping paper...I forgot to tell him to get boy wrapping paper...So he got his gifts wrapped in Sophia the First paper.


The twins even enjoyed the first part of the party before bed time.

A level!  He is so excited about all his new tools.
This year in his birthday balloons I put clues to his "big" gift. 
A light bulb, a candle, a plate of food, a toy theater, Ranch seasoning, and a raffle ticket.  (Season tickets to the Candlelight dinner theater.)
I spiced up the birthday brownies this year by putting chocolate chip cookie dough at the bottom then a layer of Oreo cookies, then the brownies.  Last time I made these I over cooked them...this time they were well under cooked.  Autumn ended up waking up at 3 am and barfing!  Oops she was fine in the morning however.

No comments:

Post a Comment