I just don't know what to do with weekends. When Evan was in medical he studied all day every Saturday, in residency often worked on Saturdays, or it would be a day of rest from a long stretch of working. So now that he has almost every weekend off, I just don't know what to do. I see friends post pictures of their weekend adventures and think "we should do that". But most of the time we just loaf around and then Evan and I will get in a fight about something. I'm just unsure how we are suppose to spend time as a family while at the same time let Evan have a break from the week...and have a break myself.
Anyhow last weekend I helped host a baby shower for a girl in my ward. Their nursery is modern hunting so we did a hunting themed shower. We played a shooting game with Nerf guns and had a hot apple cider bar and trail mix bar.
Evan likes to do "home owner" things. Saturday he caulked the cracks on the driveway.
My new year's resolution is to have more date nights. Saturday night we went to the Candlelight dinner theater and saw "Hello Dolly". The food was good and so was the play. Although I did fall asleep in the car on the way home.
Sunday was a tad warm. So while Autumn was inside playing with her Lego stuff Violet, Maverick and I walked around the front yard, while Evan rearranged the snow. Then he had the idea of pushing the kids on our sled. Maverick wasn't huge fan, but Violet kept whining until it was her turn.
Autumn came out and joined us. We had a great time!
We have the same problem with Saturdays--it's so easy to just laze around but then my house looks like a tornado at the end of the day. Like today. Took me 2 hours to get the house back in order.
ReplyDelete