Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Seattle

My sister and her family planned a trip to visit my parents in Seattle... so we tagged along.  The flight there wasn't too bad despite the fact that it was nap time and no one napped. We discovered a much shorter (secret) security line which if we had known about it last time (thanksgiving) we wouldn't have missed our flight. Autumn wanted to sit with Evan on the plane since last time I barfed on her.  My dad picked us up from the airport and Evan and I got ready to go to the temple.  It is much easier to go to the temple when it is only 25 minutes away versus 2 hours and you have capable willing babysitters.  After the Temple we went to dinner with some dear college friends who live in the area. 
Above: Editor's best friend and his wife.
Valentine's day!  The kiddos got new outfits.  They were suppose to be their Christmas outfits but there was a huge mix-up with shipping blah blah blah and I was suppose to get the stuff at Thanksgiving but it didn't arrive until mid-January.


My parents' were having a regional conference at their stake center which happens to be right by the Seattle temple.


Then the kids got crazy.  Heather and I had four kids with us and in a matter of seconds all four kids were running away from us.  We were pretty helpless and it is times like that I wonder how I am ever going to grocery shop with my four kids...ever
Grandma Pattie planned an art project after church...and by this time my brother and his family had arrived.
Then my cousin and his family came for dinner and more Valentine activities.
BINGO


We played lots of "Pretty Pretty Princess".  Autumn thought it was the greatest...
Even if I did beat her.
Monday we all went to the Pacific Science Center near the space needle.  Autumn really enjoyed the butterfly habitat.

We finally let the babes out of the stroller.

The giant bubble maker was cool too.
The girls and the space needle.
I was not willing to take the littles to the zoo in the rain.  So I stayed home with them while Evan took Autumn.
That night we went hired a couple babysitters and the adults went to an "escape room" (I should mention my brother's wife went home that morning.)  We did "escape".  Although at the very end I did get infected by the real live zombie actress, so it was a good thing we found the antidote. 

Dustin and Korey left Wednesday morning and the rest of us took a ferry ride to Bainbrige Island then drove to Poulsbo.



Autumn got a doughnut and Evan got some other sort of pastry.
Then we tried to cram everyone into a phone booth.

32.5 weeks
I would have been content to wander all the shops in Pousblo however they are mostly full of breakable things so we found a park with one swing...
Then we missed the ferry back to Seattle by about 4 minutes and had to wait well over an hour in the car for the next one to come.
Grandpa read lots of stories to the kids.

Thursday we went to Pike's Place Market. I didn't want to push the stroller in the crowded market and Evan was up for a "no adventure" day so he stayed home with the babes.
The pig that I have no idea why it is there...but you must take a picture with it.  This is before Autumn had a melt down because I told her it was Alice's turn to sit in the front.

In front of the flying fish.
Autumn was super pumped about the gum wall.  She chewed an entire pack of gum while we were walking around that day.
She painstakingly broke up her wad into little pieces and carefully put them on the wall.

Then the little girls "played" in Aunt Hannah's wedding dress and my wedding dress.
(My dress)



And Grandma's dress


Violet in my dress (she is wearing a long sleeve white shirt under)
My dad took Autumn along with Heather and her kids to a Children't museum that night.  I was so exhausted I couldn't keep up with Heather and all her activities so I didn't go.  I didn't go out the next day either, so my mom took Alice and Autumn to a bounce house.  I napped.  
Violet was so happy to just walk around in her cousins' shoes (Air jordans).  Henry not so pleased..

Last day..Goodbye (My cousin Elizabeth took this picture since she was in town for a funeral...We also got to see my aunt and uncle a different day when they had stopped by for the same funeral)

No comments:

Post a Comment