I think this is the best picture we've ever gotten of all three kids. Autumn requested that they all wear Santa jammies. (This was actually Christmas eve eve)
Christmas Eve is actually Autumn's birthday! This year she was a bit confused as to why I celebrate her 1/2 birthday with more gumption, but she now understands. If in a few years she wants to celebrate her real birthday than I suppose I'd concede...But I really think having your birthday six months away from Christmas is much better. I digress... We had chocolate chip waffles for breakfast. Which Autumn ended up not liking.
My mom sent a toy and I always get her a new birthday outfit (not the one pictured above...she usually gets dressed first thing in the morning)
Birthday candle on her favorite cookie after lunch.
That is right, a future fire breather indeed.
Then Evan took Autumn to see "The Good Dinosaur" with Grandma Linda. Autumn's response to the movie was, "It was scary". I took pictures of the kids in their favorite hangout spot, the window sill. They usually climb onto a chair, then the table and then the sill. Maverick, likes to run up to the edge and stop and smile. Autumn wanted Violet to wear her, "it's my birthday" shirt, even though it was Autumn's birthday.
I invited two families plus Evan's family over for dinner and a re-enactment of the Nativity. BUT the other two families cancelled on me that day. Alas we had a good time. I made fancy grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, veggie tray, and my favorite holiday dessert-rainbow s'mores. It was getting late so our Nativity play was rather quick. Autumn choose to be Mary.
Violet was the Angel that cried unto the people
Maverick was a Shepard.
David and Linda gave Autumn that adorable hat and matching gloves for her birthday.
New Christmas Jammies.
Then the elves went to work. We got to bed at a reasonable hour. With each passing year I laugh when I hear parents say, "Christmas is the best with kids." No it isn't. It is a lot of work. Christmas is the best when you ARE a kid. (Don't get me wrong I still LOVE Christmas, but there is a lot of pressure involved in being a parent.) I did have a lot of fun wrapping gifts this year!
So Autumn gets two birthdays and the twins share one? I see who the Amber of the family is. Also, I agree, I enjoy Christmas with kids but it is a bit stressful--Christmas is best as a child.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas! Your presents around the tree look magical. You did a great job.
ReplyDelete