This move has been my least favorite move (the actual moving part, that is). I love that we live in a house we own, but the process to get our belongings there was terrible. This was our sixth move in 7.5 years I have a great system for packing and cleaning up while Evan does the moving truck. Well this time Evan didn't want to rent a truck (he used our mini-van for most of the stuff) and moved up our "moving date" by several days since it snowed in the middle of the week. Our elder's quorum president was grateful however that he didn't need to coordinate our move. As a result things were very unorganized. Things were shoved into boxes from all over the house. I've probably had the most broken/damaged things from this move than any other move. When I went to do a final clean up of the house, despite the fact that this is one of our smallest places it took me forever. It took forever because not everything had been moved like I thought it had. I also wasn't at the apartment much since I had been painting our new place so all the apartment cleaning was left to the end instead of gradually cleaning it as I usually do. It has been very frustrating trying to locate things. I've also had a difficult time unpacking the last several boxes since I know they are just odds and ends of things. However we live in a house so all is well.
The kids did a lot of this during our move...playing in the parked car
Autumn "helping" to pack
Autumn has been into doing "chores" lately. She has me to make her a list as soon as we get up. We use scratch paper (the back of our left-over wedding invitations) and I draw the same pictures for her every day (she insists on a new list even though the list is the same every day). Eat cereal. Brush teeth. Get Dressed. Find shoes. Leave the house. Go somewhere (not sure where we went that day)
UG!! What a mess! (the old apartment)
New place. Evan says I don't take enough pictures of my pregnancy...this is his sneaky attempt at documenting baby number 4 (17.5 weeks).
Living room (taken from dining room. Note: you can also see the updated fireplace I painted!)
Maverick and Violet eating breakfast. Check out that awesome window and our play set!
First dinner in our new place. Pizza!
Autumn's first Primary program: "One commandment is to read the scriptures". She practiced for weeks and did a great job, loud (not too loud), clear and slow-ish.
Violet in this super cute dress! Only problem is it has hooked buttons in the back like my wedding dress and is a pain to iron. She is never wearing it again. (She is crying because I took this picture after church and she wanted a nap).
More painting!
I entertained the kids one afternoon so I could get some chores done. Yogurt painting/eating.
The mess was totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment