Monday, November 28, 2016

Home Ownership

I woke up one morning and headed to the twin's room and my socks got wet.  I thought one of them peed but as I did some surveying...water had seeped into their room from the laundry/utility room.

Water was all the way down the hall and got the carpet wet in the twin's room.
Evan and I pulled some of the boxes out of the laundry room, but alas he had to go to work.  My dear friend and her husband came over with a mop and a bucket.
While we were trying to figure things out and clean up the mess...Violet and Maverick spilled an almost full container of Tide on the floor...
Violet did not like the taste of it.  SO I stuck the kids in the tub while I took care of some other things...and they flushed almost all the bath toys down the toilet...making the toilet unusable. Then after the bath while I was visiting teaching they colored all over the hardwood floor.  I'm pretty sure the weather getting a bit cooler has taken a toll on these two.  There mischief has been much harder to manage. 
Earlier in the week they put an entire package of T.P. in the water ruining 12 rolls of T.P (that was an expensive bath).  SO if my kids stink, it is because I don't allow them to bathe as often anymore.
These two kiddos sure are adorable, but they keep me on my toes for sure.  I don't tell Evan half of the stuff that goes on during the day because I don't want him to think I'm an unfit mother.  They are just really hard to keep track of.  The biggest messes occur while I'm trying to put Lark down for a nap or while I'm feeding her.

SEE they are cute!  They put their baby dolls down for a nap on Lark's play mat.
Violet got into my make-up twice the week of the flood/toilet debacle.
Maverick and Violet also pour a few bottles of spices all over dinner that week too...I just scraped it out and served it up anyway.  And Evan even complimented me on how good it tasted.

Evan and I spent a few hours trying to retrieve the bath toys from the toilet.  But after the kids woke up from their naps we had to take a break.  I took all the big kids to the park while Evan and his mom went back at it...Finally rescuing several princesses and their princes. (The above picture is Violet and I walking home from the park and we stopped to visit one of the Cheyenne "boots")
Ta-DA

3 comments:

  1. Wow, just WOW! Double trouble for sure ;) ...but double blessings and fun too. We got your Christmas card today. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they're coming to our house to visit! Regardless, I'm still looking forward to it. And as Grandma Deon used to say, "I'll have those kids whipped into shape in an hour." And I mean it just as sarcastically as she did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the twins eat on ponchos.

    ReplyDelete