Monday, November 28, 2016

Best Day with You

There is a song by Taylor Swift called, "Best Day".  Well in September I had one of those, "best days".  I bought a membership to the Denver Children's museum in August and I wanted Evan to experience the awesome outdoor space before it got too cold.  So one Saturday at the end of September after breakfast we loaded the kids up and drove the two hours to Denver.  We had a great time, such a great time that I didn't stop to take very many photos.  Evan is always hesitant to go on these adventures...and for good reason.  I am pretty uptight about the kids' nap schedules and I usually pack enough stuff to last us a few days (and he ends up having to carry it all), and having four little kids in a crowded museum is stressful.  But I swallowed my chill pill that morning and went with the flow, even letting the twins skip their nap.  We had a great afternoon.  As we were driving out of the parking lot we realized we had a flat tire. I was impressed at how quickly Evan got the spare on the car.  We drove about half way home and stopped off at a Wal-Mart and Evan got a new tire on the car while I walked around the store with the kids.  We sat in the grass and ate food while Evan got the tire changed once more.  When we got home that night (several hours after we thought we'd be home) we asked Autumn what her favorite part of the day was.  Autumn's response was the zip line.  Evan responded with, "the flat tire."  And I agreed.  Sometimes you need a little trial like a flat tire to help you work together as a team and realize how strong your little family really is.








1 comment: