Autumn and I discussed Halloween and our theme for dressing up for MONTHS. Every time I'd come up with an idea I'd run it by Evan. He would look at me and say, "Ok dear". Because he knew I'd change my mind. Anyhow I finally settled on the perfect theme: Sophia the First and her family from the Disney Channel. And you must be wondering why it was so perfect...well, Sophia has a brother and a sister that are twins!!!
Autumn and Lark as Sofia and Clover
Autumn did not like the tiarra I purchased for her because it did not have purple gems. I challenged Autumn and looked up an image of Sofia. Autumn was right. So Autumn insisted on wearing a purple crown from a board game we own.
That afternoon while trying to get everyone ready for the ward trunk-or-treat Maverick pulled the cornbread I had make for the party off the counter. If you are wondering what it looks like when you eat corn bread with a snotty nose....look no further.
And since the food was all over the floor...I brought 3 bags of Goldfish to share.
Twinners!! Violet and Maverick as Amber and James
The royal family. (My mom made Violet's awesome dress, I purchased Autumn and Larks, and pieced together the rest)
Trunk-or-treating with our neighbor Kaydee and Emma
A couple days before actual Halloween Autumn and I carved a pumpkin. Last year Autumn picked out a pumpkin and we didn't get around to carving it since we were in the middle of a move. Autumn drew a picture of what she wanted the face to look like. Then I cut the pumpkin open and told Autumn to gut it out. She kinda touched it and said, "you can do it mom". So I basically did the whole thing, but Autumn kept me company and it was warm out so we had a good time.
She really wanted the pumpkin to have question mark eyes. I'm not sure where she got that idea, but I thought it was clever.


Ahhh I've been waiting for these pictures! I love the idea of Sofia the first! Kudos to your mom for Violet's dress! I love all of it!
ReplyDelete