I was playing Bunco with some friends when one of them mentioned that their high school age son wanted a mole removed, but with their private insurance it was going to cost them a few thousand dollars to remove it. So naturally I offered up Evan's services and our kitchen table. It ended up getting infected and Evan had to re-open the wound and preform a second surgery. Evan kept a close eye on it so we had him over to our house almost every night the month of December.
One of my favorite Christmas traditions is preforming the nativity. I invited a couple families over-who have little kids, we enjoyed a yummy dinner and entertainment.
Maverick (Sheppard), Tristen (Joseph), Lark (Baby Jesus)m Emma, (Mary), Violet (Lion), Autumn (Angel), Jake (Sheppard)
Caleb was the cow and the Elders were our wise men
Our friends came over another day so their mom could shop for Christmas. we made Play-doh.
12/18/16: The night of nativity play Violet fell off the bench at our kitchen table. Evan was in the kitchen and I went to the garage to get something for dinner. When I came back inside she was crying. I'm not sure exactly what she hit her chin on, but once I got her calmed down I knew immediately that she would need it to be stitched up. Evan tried gluing it closed, but it was old glue and Violet just picked it off anyway. So after dinner and the play Evan stitched her up. Luckily our friends stayed to help hold Violet still and shine a camera flashlight for more light.
Maverick "reading" to Violet (not sure why he has her pacifier) These two cuties like to sleep in the same bed...even if there isn't much room.
Grandma Linda met up with us one afternoon after work to "ice skate". The city put up a makeshift (plastic) ice rink. Autumn started taking ice skating lessons and it was torture for the twins to watch her each week and not be able to go on the ice. This was the perfect place for them.
Lark even slipped around a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment