Friday, February 23, 2018

December

Here are some every day photos throughout December.  December was quite a mess (literally and figuratively) Evan went out of town a couple times and this mom was way burnt out by the end of middle of the month.  Back in September our basement flooded.  After much trial and error and calling in professionals, one of Evan's buddies figured out that it was probably from the neighbor's sprinklers "look how soggy their lawn looks". Any how instead of just replacing the flooring where the only damage was Evan wanted to revamp all of it.  The remodel that was suppose to take 10 days lasted over a month and was very messy.  These factors defiantly affected my Christmas spirit and apparently lack of Christmas activities and photos.  Alas her is December.

Violet being ultra whiny got banished to the carrier while I made dinner one night
Lark LOVES to color.
Maverick at Autumn's Ninja class coloring.  There really isn't anywhere for us to hang out during classes and they totally stress me out so I eventually convinced Autumn to switch to Ice Skating





I can't remember who he drew but its a person
I thought this was a cute moment of Autumn reading to Lark.  Autumn later told me she knew if she got Lark ready for bed while I put the twins to bed there would be more time for me to read her stories.
Our dryer broke of the summer and for months I was line drying our clothes in the basement.  But once the renovation started it was too messy to hang wet clothes.  So we got a new dryer and I hated it!  It wouldn't let me start a load until it was completely convinced the lint trap was empty.  So after a couple weeks I returned it.  BUT that meant we were again dryer less.  So while my in-laws were out of town I was using their dryer.  One day we stopped by to switch a load of clothes and all the kids decided they need to eat!

Our furnace also lost power during the renovation on one of the coldest days in December.  So while we didn't have any power while Evan was trying to fix it I took the kids out to eat.  We actually did that a lot in December.

This is what a typical breakfast spread look like at our house.  Eight boxes of cereal, all of which were eaten by someone in the family.


Autumn's school shoes got a hole in them and she had to wait a couple weeks until Christmas for new shoes!
Evan's car wouldn't start when he got back from one of his trips.  So we were charged with picking him up from work for a while until we could figure out what to do about his car.  So this is us killing time one evening eating ice cream after Autumn's ice skating lesson until dad was done with work.

This is the school parking lot where Autumn attends.  There are basically no lines of where to park so people just park wherever they feel like it.  It is a mess and I hate it.

Pile of laundry before I went to a friends house to wash.

Maverick loves wearing my oven mits around the house and pretending he is a dinosaur
Autumn had a school dress up day.  She won this shirt for good behavior (they have so many reward systems at her school I can't keep up with what the prize was really for)
A friend of mine said her kids wanted to preform some service for me and watch all my kids for 2 hours one day during spring break.  Let me tell you what an awesome gift that was.  I baked cookies and cleaned my house.  I'm talking I mopped! Dusted on top of my fridge! Cleaned my ceiling fans! When I got home from picking them up there was a distinct film in the air.  I realized dust (or something similar) was creeping up from the floor vents due to the remodel in the basement and it was not safe for us to be inside our house.
This is the dust that was in the basement.  SO MUCH DUST EVERYWHERE!  Two month later I'm still finding places in the house that didn't get fully dusted.  So much for cleaning for two hours earlier.  I literally cried when Evan got home.  I called a babysitter and we went out to eat.

I remember telling my mom I felt like Job.  I feel really blessed that Evan has a good job and we have a healthy happy family so it was hard to complain about all these set backs mostly due to a cosmetic remodel, but of course I still found it in me to complain.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable and I miss seeing them. Hopefully we'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to get a little glimpse into your life! I'm glad you have good friends in WY to help keep you sane. Your kids look like so much fun. I can't get enough of their sweet faces. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete