Sunday, September 8, 2019

August

After our family reunion the Baker kids and Heather spent a few more days with us.  We visited my favorite places in town The Children's Village and Play City.







Autumn and Alice wanted to have a lemonade stand to earn money.  Neither Heather nor I wanted to sit outside with them so I paid them to do chores.  I've tried to get Autumn to clean out the window wells for what seems like forever apparently the 50 cents a window did the trick.  They also cleaned a ceiling fan and my shower.


I earned favorite aunt award when I let Henry (and the other kids) play with kinetic sand and flour.

The last item on our summer bucket list was playing putt putt golf.  It was miserable.  Lark got bored after the second hole.  Autumn was being unkind to Violet.  Violet was swinging the club around.  Autumn ended up really upset that she got put in time out, Violet was crying and laying on the floor, Lark was running around and also crying.

Maverick had fun.


Luckily Olive was okay hanging out in the stroller.


Maverick's good friend moved away at the beginning of the summer but came back for a quick visit.


 Another last bucket list item was visiting the Fort Collins museum. We only lost Lark for a little while.

 I noticed Violet needed a bit of extra attention so I took her on a little "date".  She absolutely loves hot cocoa, so we hit up Starbucks first and then we went grocery shopping.  Violet had fun picking out all the snacks and treats for the familiy.  She kept telling me how much fun she was having and has asked several times if we can go on another date.



 I hosted a "Back" to school dinner the night before school started.  We had our dessert first, main course second and appetizers of peanut butter and bananas and strawberries and whipped cream which Autumn prepared. Autumn even wore her clothes backwards!





Autumn's first day of second grade.  Her request for back to school clothes were cowboy boots, and we delivered.

 The second day of school...waiting for the bus.


 Lark's current favorite outfit as of late, this blue tutu skirt.  She wears it almost every day.
 Dad took Maverick out on a little one on one date to the mini golf course and ice cream.  The girls and I did face masks.
Autumn in a tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment