Here are some pictures of our recent trip to Antigua, Guatemala. We primarily went so Evan could volunteer at some medical clinics and get some hands on experience, but we were also able to see the sites while we were there.
Evan overlooking Antigua. We climbed to "the Hill of the Cross" where there was a giant cross and you could look over the entire city.
Evan is very proud of this picture he took. He climbed half way out of our tour van window to get the shot. It is Volcan Fuego and Volcan Agua.
Here we are in front of the LDS church building. I thought we would be in clinics on Sunday, so we didn't pack our Sunday best. It was raining and we had to walk on a cobble stone street so I opted not to wear my cheap-o Old Navy 2 for 5$ flip flops and went with the tennis shoes instead. I purchased the skirt the day before in the market for 75Q (9.50$) Evan at least had a collar on?
Those are some amazing pictures! It looks like you had fun. Someday I want to do something cool like that. :)
ReplyDeleteDid you speak enough Spanish to understand Sacrament Meeting? And I love the pic of Volcan Fuego & Volcan Agua.
ReplyDeleteSo incredible! What an experience, no doubt you touched a lot of lives down there.
ReplyDelete