Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Boo-ritos!!

Instead of carving pumpkins this year I decided to make a ghost lantern thingy. I copied it from my first-cousin-once removed's (my dad's cousin) blog. I thought it was totally cute and I already had all of the supplies. So Evan and I made it for Family Night one night. (well Evan studied while I made it, but we were in the same room, so I'm counting that)


Since I work with youth we had a "Harvest Festival" a.k.a Halloween party for the kiddos. So I had a great excuse to dress up. I'm a treasure troll, like the little dolls you played with when you were young. Most of the kids didn't know who I was, but they thought my hair was cool. I showed some of them a picture of what a treasure troll looks like, and one replied, "oh my mom has one of those." That made me feel kinda old. Oh, well it was fun.


Another picture after work, when Evan was home. At the Harvest Festival the kids voted for one of the staff members to get a pie in the face and none other than yours truly was nominated. I'm still trying to figure out if that means the kids hate me or love me. (maybe a little of both) It didn't really bother me, especially because both of the kids that threw the pie totally missed, sorta anti-climatic.
On Halloween night Evan and I dressed up as "boo-ritos" in order to score some free burritos from Chipotle. Their burritos are so yummy. I love their corn salsa. I was pleasantly surprised we weren't the only cheapskates there. Tons of people were dressed in tin foil. Although, our costumes were honestly the best.



Not the most flattering outfits, but the lettuce is cute, right?

After our trip to Chipotle we decorated ghost lollipops and waited for Trick-or-treaters, but none showed. Good thing I didn't go out and buy a ton of candy.



(Notice the lollipop in the back dressed as a troll...he he)

Evan's ghosts are a tad bit scarier than mine!



November 1st we had some friends over, the Andersons and the Wingets, for diner. My mom sent me some cute Halloween napkins, napkin rings and a table cloth so I had to put them to good use. I used Siri Henderson's grilled pineapple receipe and it was awesome, grilled pineapple is the best!

4 comments:

  1. You guys seriously crack me up! I love both of your costumes! I didn't know that you have a blog, otherwise I would have sent you an invite to ours a long time ago:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! You guys are so much fun! I miss you. I can't wait to see you. I love your cute troll guts! And you are so creative and artistic! I need ur help with my house and decorations for thanksgiving and christmas! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A troll, so perfect! I am going to have to remember that one. I always want to dress up, but can't come with anything practical for the Mom. I love it! Maybe one time we can come to one of your dinner parties. We should be out that way in Feb/Mar and would love to see you an Evan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post! I totally had a troll when I was little too...guess I must be getting old. Love your burrito costumes! THose are the best.

    ReplyDelete