Monday, April 26, 2010

SURPRISE!

Evan and I threw a surprise birthday party for Evan's older sister who turned the big 3-0 and his younger brother Patrick who became a menace to society at age 26. Patrick was in town for a week so we thought we would give them a surprise when they stopped by to visit. All the guests (me and Evan) hid and yelled, "SURPRISE" when they came inside, needless to say since both of their birthdays had past they were surprised.
Evan and I decorated the birthday sign, cute right?
The rough housing started almost immediately after the kids walked through the doors, lucky for them they have two young very cool uncles. "Flour Tower" Kinda like Jenga. Whomever makes the coin fall has to pick it up with their teeth. Little Wade kept making it fall, but Uncle Evan was willing to pick it up for him.
See how many cotton balls you can stick to your nose with Vaseline and blow off in 45 seconds...one of those games that is more fun to watch then actually participate in;)
It's a Norby family tradition. Honestly I was a little skeptical of the whole concept of giving someone a straight pin while being blind folded, but Evan assured me that his mom let them play the "pop the balloons attached to the ceiling fan while it's on" game, so I obliged.
Sara and Patrick with the special birthday plates.
the "other" birthday plate. I saw these at Target and couldn't pass them up. Really? Come on
Blowing out the candles on the self decorated cup cakes
Presents!
Playing dress up the next morning after our walk to the duck pond and before swimming in the pool

3 comments:

  1. You guys are sooo cute with all your little parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Will you come out 3 times a year and do my kids parties for them ? :) I hope all is well. Are you still moving this summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I may have to try the ceiling fan balloon game for pete's birthday, after the kids go to bed of course. I don't want to have to be the mom that is yelling "you'll poke some one's eye out with that thing" the entirety of the game :)

    ReplyDelete