Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Confessions

A friend of mine, Mary Jett Killion, posts a weekly "confessional." I think it is hilarious! Because of my crazy weekend with packing, moving, trying to set up and unpack a new apartment I have a few things to confess...
1. I cleaned the oven of my old apartment with a pumas stone...after I used it to clean the inside of the toilet
2. I cleaned the oven grates in the bathtub
3. This was the first time I cleaned the oven (I lived there for 26 months;)
4. In the scurry of the move I couldn't find my bra so I went braless to church (the day before I was wearing a sports bra...it didn't really go with my dress)

5. I hate General Conference weekend, I feel like I can't really do anything and I always fall asleep during the talks anyways. HOWEVER I found a set of the April 2003 General Conference CDS under the set in my car that were left there by the previous owner of the vehicle, which I was so grateful for since I drove by myself from Glendale to Tucson on Sunday afternoon (2.5 hour drive)
6. In church on Sunday Brother Lowell said "what do we say when something bad happens to us, 'whaaa utttt'.” I thought he was being silly, I thought "I don't do that." Until I realized there is no linen closet in the new bathroom like I thought there was suppose to be and only one pull out drawer and I uttered "WHAAAAAA!!!!"
7. I'm totally bugged when people don't recycle, but I threw away a ton of boxes on Saturday
8. I hate when people ask, “do you need any help finding anything” when I go to the store…unless it’s at Home depot cuz the answer will always be“Yes”
9. I was hit on more times in Home Depot with 5 cinder blocks in my cart than in the 2.5 years I’ve been married
10. Our new apartment stinks of cigarette smoke which makes me feel like I'm living in a ghetto motel. Thus I was too afraid to take a shower until Evan got home last night. Let's just say my hair was looking non-to-sexy when he came home after not showering for over 72 hours!
11. I've found one good thing about Tucson...there is an intersection 3 minutes away that houses a CVS, Target, Walgreens, and Frys...a couponers dream

7 comments:

  1. i hate the "finding something" too question!! so annoying. im sad that you guys moved to tucson! how are we going to hang out when we come to glendale next year for spring training!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! yours were hilarious and it seriously made me laugh out loud :D thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are nasty. But I enjoyed your confessions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious, but remind me never to eat anything cooked in an oven cleaned with a toilet-dirtied pumice stone. And HONEY. BUY YOURSELF ANOTHER BRA!!!!!

    P.S. Tatum is a girl's name, at least in the Tilley family. Glad to see you made it through your move! Moving sucks, but sometimes you have to do it. If you're us, you do it over ... and over ... and over ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate moving, it's awful! I don't mind unpacking, fresh starts, reorganization, but getting out of there, ugh! Nice idea with the pumice stone, if I ever clean my oven I'll have to remember that one. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. K you are hilarious. I'm so sad you guys moved! You're one of the first people i met....my husband noticed your pink shoes in church, remember? You told me in relief society that Thanksgiving Break would be here before I knew it. I totally didn't believe you, but you were right! :) Hope all is well in Tucson. I'm coming to the next ice cream get together. Oh, and our current apartment smells like an ash tray too, so I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHAHA I LOVE IT! I'm glad I could inspire you! Keep it up, girlfriend!!! ;)
    Oh don't worry--I just cleaned out the oven last week for the first time in a year and a half since we've lived here.
    Good luck in your new place!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete