Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fall is finally here 10.10.10

Evan and I only have two more weeks in Glendale. We've know for the last 9 months that we had to move, but it doesn't make it any easier. We had some friends over for dinner. I made homemade soup and rolls since this is the first week we've had under 100 degrees for months. (I'm not complaining I LOVE the heat, it's just hard to justify slurping soup when it is 100 plus degrees outside.) After dinner we made fancy carmel apples with white and semi-sweet chocolate, peanuts, cinnamon-sugar mixture, oreos, and sprinkles. They were a hit. They tasted a lot better than they looked.



(CLICK TO ENLARGE PHOTO)
In other news Evan and I went to the local high schools' rival game this week Deer Valley Vs. Mountain Ridge. I was very impressed with both schools' marching bands and Deer Valley's cheerleaders were non-stop cheering the whole game. Although there were no fireworks at this game. A couple weeks ago we went to Chaperal's homecoming game and saw quite the firework show.
We also had a CRAZY hail storm this week. It hailed the size of golf balls (no seriously). Lots of people in the area have lots of damage to their cars and/or houses (the storm happened during rush hour, so LOTS of people were stuck on the freeways because of accidents and now have golf ball size dents in their cars).

5 comments:

  1. Cute carmel apples. We had soup for dinner tonight too, but it's been a nice balmy fall for the last week. Also, ...I forget...oh why do you go to high school football games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. White chocolate? Really? You know there's no such thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! It's so sad to say goodbye to Glendale. Sounds like you'll just miss Caleb then. He'll be done with Tucson at the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!!! we totally need to do that. where did you find the recipe to make it? or how do you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Miss you! I need a copy of these pics!

    ReplyDelete