Thursday, November 11, 2010

Life update and Halloween

So moving to Tucson has been quite the adventure. We moved all of our belongings down here October 23 then we drove back up to Glendale to clean our apartment. We stayed the night in Glendale with some friends. Then Evan flew out of the Phoenix airport to a medical conference in San Francisco. I drove back to Tucson and spent 2 full days unpacking and buying new thing for the apartment (like new flatware organizer since our old one is too big, caddy for the dish rags ect.) Evan ca
me home Tuesday October 26 and informed me he could not live in that apartment and that it spelt way too much like smoke. He slept out in the car that night. Then we spent the next three days figuring out if we could get out of our contract and trying to find a new place. On Thursday October 28 I drove up to Evan's sister's house so that I could watch her kids while she was performing in a community play o
f "The Sound of Music." So on Friday October 29 Evan got out of work early and was able to work it out with the apartment complex to let us switch apartments. Evan spent all of that night and the next morning and afternoon moving all of our stuff by himself across the complex to our new place on the third floor. Now I'm still not all the way unpacked from the second move and still a little scattered, but I'm getting there.
Halloween pictures to enjoy:
Helping my niece and nephews carve their pumpkins. They each designed their own and clean up was a breeze. Yes they are in their swim suits because we went swimming afterwards (it's Arizona remember).
"CHEESE"

On Saturday I let the kids "paint" with chocolate pudding. They loved it. And yes they mad a big mess that I pick up. Hopefully their shorts came clean. Then I took them to their Bike Safety/Halloween Carnival for their community. I won two prizes from the raffle...One free appetizer from Texas Road House and Dinner for Two at Texas Road House. (Guess where Evan and I ate that night?) Totally worth babysitting.
(sorry it is blurry Elizabeth)
Sunday Halloween night we had our first guests over, the Andersons. Bryan is doing a rotation in Tucson so Kristin and the babe came down for a visit. They even brought us dinner and we played a board game and dressed Nora up for Halloween. I think I enjoyed it more than she did, but she makes a cute Dragon right?

"flying"

4 comments:

  1. You are such a fun Aunt! So is your mom, so it doesn't surprise me...wish I could have helped you in your moving saga, and I know how you feel to have stinky neighbors. It is so aggrivating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting with pudding is so fun...but Rex usually just prefers to eat his. Why waste it on the table? We need to hang out more. And yes, Nora makes a cute dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that your moving experience has been such a crazy one, that does not sound like fun at all! But I'm glad you're finding things to be happy about, you always do. I love you and miss you!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Nora made it on your blog. She makes a great dragon. I miss you guys. I'm glad you are so good at posting on your blog so I can keep up with your happenings.

    ReplyDelete