Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nah Nah Nah Nah...Nah Nah Nah Nah

Adios. Adeus. Au revoir. Αντίο. Auf Wiedersehen. Arrivederci. GOOD BYE TUCSON!
(why is it that "good bye" in Spanish, Portuguese, French, Greek, German, and Italian all start with the letter "A" but a "G" in English? We always have to be difficult!)


I feel like we have been moving for the last month...well kinda cuz we were. Two weeks ago we drove to Phoenix to pick up Evan's sister for our family get together in Albuquerque and dropped a car load of stuff off at our new apartment in the East Valley (which I love by the way). Then the following weekend (on our anniversary) we packed up a moving truck and moved the majority of the stuff to the apartment. Then headed back to Tucson so Evan could finish his last and final rotation for his third year and I could clean the apartment. Wednesday we packed up both of our cars and left Tucson for good.


I hated the apartment in Tucson, the two lane roads, and the lack of city lights (sorry no way to sugar coat it). However we are truly going to miss Sunday dinners at Evan's second cousins' house. And Evan was blessed with EXCELLENT preceptors and rotations in Tucson. (It's ok if I complain as long as I say at least 3 nice things right...too bad I can't think of a third)


Here is our celebratory ride to the valley.

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing the more anniversaries you have, sometimes they can be very memorable for non-normal reasons. Hope you still get to celebrate belatedly in NM. How long do you plan on being in NM? Please go to the hot air balloon festival in the Fall and post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited you get to move and you love your new apt. Hopefully it was a smooth move for you guys. Sounds like you had fun in albuquerque and on Mt. Lemmon. What a fun place. Good luck in fourth year. If Evan is ever in Detroit, he can stay with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy...We just went to NM for a visit we just moved back up to Phoenix closer to Evan's school, but I have heard that the hot air balloon festival is way cool.
    @ Britni we will for sure take you up on that offer!

    ReplyDelete