A few weeks ago I got a call from the stake executive secretary asking me if I could meet with one of the stake presidency counselors...tonight (it was a Friday, so I knew that meant business). Evan and I went over to President Elmer's house and he informed me that one of the seminary teachers couldn't finish out the year, and asked if I would teach the rest of the school year. Of course I said I would do it, even though it is EARLY morning seminary across town. I started that Monday. I teach The Doctrine and Covenants and Church History to the Seniors at Marana High School. They are a great group of kids, and despite their major "senioritis" still seem to participate and stay awake for the most part.
Sunday was their (very formal) Seminary Graduation. I didn't do anything for the production except sit on the stand. We still have 3 more weeks before school ends, so hopefully the kids will continue to come, or I'll be bored and tired.
(Front) Julie, Alex, Corinne (missing) Tawsha, Tim, AnaLeasa, Lindsay
Wow! That's awesome! So do you talk seminary with your dad now? :)
ReplyDeleteAmber, you are amazing! Being a seminary teacher has gotta be so tough & you are amazing for doing it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect calling for you! I just thought I would drop in while I had a great deal of down time at work to check and see how life is going. I thought of you today when I was on hip2save checking out deals.
ReplyDeleteWow, good for you. Was it a difficult transition getting up that early? Are you going to be teaching again next year?
ReplyDeleteYou look just like one of the kids!
ReplyDeleteYou+early morning seminary teaching=the bomb.com. AWESOME!
ReplyDelete