The last couple of weeks have brought a lot of "firsts"
First time realizing why pregnant women touch their bellies so much…my baby is so strong and moves around quite a bit sometimes quite to my surprise-which then makes me laugh out loud (she also is very active during primary when we have singing time.)
First time raiding Evan’s closet for clothes
First time realizing why woman in their third trimester are so uncomfortable
First time there was some relief from the weather last Thursday there was a high of 78, but we are back to the high 90s this week
First time since living in AZ I thought to myself as I was driving to work at 6:40am "Does my heater work in this car?" (although I didn't even attempt to turn it on-it was just a thought)
First time a stranger asked me "when are you due?" I guess I’m not just “fat” I’m actually pregnant which leads me to...
The first time walking by the mirror and thinking "wow who is that pregnant lady in my bathroom?"
First time attending prenatal classes. Evan couldn't make it to the first one so I brought a girl friend which was a little weird, but the next week Evan came and the class was all very impressed with Evan's knowledge when we played a review trivia game.
First time noticing pregnancy stretch marks...I wish all stretch marks were foreign to me
First time sitting down on the shower floor to shave my legs
First time my baby was given a "hug" (a little kid at the Club reached up and awkwardly grabbed just my belly. When asked what he was doing he said, "just given' your baby a hug." Kinda weird, but still cute at the same time.)
First time my co workers acknowledged I was pregnant. (Apparently they all figured and were daring each other to ask me and taking bets on who would ask me first, yet all were too polite) I guess it just became so obvious that it was "ok" to talk about me being pregnant and asking questions or perhaps it was the kids asking me in front of my coworkers if I really had a baby in my stomach.
First time I had to address the “are you going to work after the baby?” question. I wasn't prepared to discuss that matter yet. Oh well it went fine (and no I will not be
returning to work after the baby is born)
First time I was informed by a five-year-old that it is "really hard to get a baby out, you have to push and push and push." His mother told him that.
First time entering the “30s” in terms of weeks pregnant, and somewhat starting a
countdown instead of a count up
First time realizing why pregnant women touch their bellies so much…my baby is so strong and moves around quite a bit sometimes quite to my surprise-which then makes me laugh out loud (she also is very active during primary when we have singing time.)
First time raiding Evan’s closet for clothes
First time realizing why woman in their third trimester are so uncomfortable
First time there was some relief from the weather last Thursday there was a high of 78, but we are back to the high 90s this week
First time since living in AZ I thought to myself as I was driving to work at 6:40am "Does my heater work in this car?" (although I didn't even attempt to turn it on-it was just a thought)
First time a stranger asked me "when are you due?" I guess I’m not just “fat” I’m actually pregnant which leads me to...
The first time walking by the mirror and thinking "wow who is that pregnant lady in my bathroom?"
First time attending prenatal classes. Evan couldn't make it to the first one so I brought a girl friend which was a little weird, but the next week Evan came and the class was all very impressed with Evan's knowledge when we played a review trivia game.
First time noticing pregnancy stretch marks...I wish all stretch marks were foreign to me
First time sitting down on the shower floor to shave my legs
First time my baby was given a "hug" (a little kid at the Club reached up and awkwardly grabbed just my belly. When asked what he was doing he said, "just given' your baby a hug." Kinda weird, but still cute at the same time.)
First time my co workers acknowledged I was pregnant. (Apparently they all figured and were daring each other to ask me and taking bets on who would ask me first, yet all were too polite) I guess it just became so obvious that it was "ok" to talk about me being pregnant and asking questions or perhaps it was the kids asking me in front of my coworkers if I really had a baby in my stomach.
First time I had to address the “are you going to work after the baby?” question. I wasn't prepared to discuss that matter yet. Oh well it went fine (and no I will not be
returning to work after the baby is born)
First time I was informed by a five-year-old that it is "really hard to get a baby out, you have to push and push and push." His mother told him that.
First time entering the “30s” in terms of weeks pregnant, and somewhat starting a
countdown instead of a count up
At the pumpkin patch with Evan's sister and her kids...30 weeks pregnant and Evan looking oh so sexy
Considering you're more done than not at being pregnant, you're looking really small. Maybe you should be induced early because that's the normal thing to do with small babies. Have you been asked "How are you feeling?" a million times yet, instead of "How are you?" That's one of the many pregnancy questions i HATE!
ReplyDeletei love all your firsts!! so fun :) glad to hear everything's going ok & that we're not the only ones excited when it gets down in the 70s. we're hoping for a couple weeks of weather in the 60s actually...
ReplyDeleteAh ha ha! So funny! This post made me laugh out loud. Oh, being pregnant. So fun + so weird. The best was the stretch mark line ... and also the leg-shaving one. Just wait--the fun is about to begin! I'll never forget the time Isaac gave me a total ninja kick and I yelped in the middle of the Sacrament. Awesome.
ReplyDeleteAND maybe the reason your coworkers haven't mentioned your pregnancy is that you look AMAZING. Are you sure there's a baby in there? ;)
Cheers to many more "firsts!"
ReplyDeleteYou are such a cute pregnant lady. I can't wait to see that little girl! Isn't it fun to have all those first? The second time they come around, they aren't quite as fun. ;)
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I always think tall women look so wonderful pregnant. Enjoy these firsts, it's very exciting. Good luck. Can't wait to see pics when the baby's here.
ReplyDelete