Writing this post is a good reminder to keep up with my blog since I already can't remember what Autumn was like three weeks ago when she turned four weeks old! Alas I will try...
Evan left for 2 separate audition rotations in Michigan when Autumn was only 3 weeks old and was gone for almost 3 weeks. So I took a ton of pictures so I could E-mail them to Evan. Around the time my dad left Autumn developed reflux. Poor little thing (and poor me). She would get so upset after each feeding and when she would spit up she would cry. Luckily I learned she liked to be held while I bounced on the exercise ball. So I did a lot of bouncing strengthening muscles I didn't know I had. Once I could get her to sleep she would sleep at least 5 hours (she started doing that around 3 weeks). She is a night owl though and wouldn't go to bed until at least midnight. It is hard to be a single parent. I just slept-all the time. And fed Autumn, so it was a good thing the ward started bringing me meals because it was hard to remember to eat.

Here Autumn is on her way to church for the first time. I teach the CTR 7 primary class, so I asked my dad to do the lesson just in case Autumn got hungry. And hungry she got. Fifteen minutes before church was over she wanted food and she wanted it fast, so I raced her home leaving my father to finish the lesson. I'm a sucker and hate to hear her cry. I give her whatever she wants when she cries. So that's why after my family left I became a home body. It stresses me out to hear her cry while we are driving, because there is nothing I can do for her. (oh, did I mention she hates the car and just CRIES the entire time she is in the car? She doesn't mind the car seat, just the car)
I tried to get some cute sleeping baby photos, but as soon as I set her down she woke up. Oh well she looks cute and is getting bigger all the time. She still is obsessed with her tongue and loves to stick it out! (It doesn't help that daddy tries to communicate with her by sticking his tongue in and out three times to tell her he loves her. Sometimes she sticks it back out three times, or two, or four so she loves him, she loves, and she loves him too.)
1/26/12 was Autumn's one month "well child" doctor's appointment. I was really nervous to take her, because the office is kinda far away and I hate talking her anywhere in the car since she cries. Luckily we made it to the office just fine, but as soon as we were ready to be seen...Autumn got hungry. It was really hard to talk to the doctor while she was crying. Luckily for me she was already screaming so when she got her shot it didn't faze her one bit. The doctor also prescribed baby Zantac for her reflux which has been working great. The doctor's office has a nursing room, which is awesome so I nursed her before leaving and the ride home wasn't too bad. Also If you notice in the above picture her diaper is too big. That is because I ran out of Newborn size diapers, so I figured she is technically no longer a newborn, and just a plain ole infant we'd move up a size. Bad idea ,when diapers don't fit right things come out of them. Alas since I still hated the car it took several days before I bought smaller diapers.

I tried to get some cute sleeping baby photos, but as soon as I set her down she woke up. Oh well she looks cute and is getting bigger all the time. She still is obsessed with her tongue and loves to stick it out! (It doesn't help that daddy tries to communicate with her by sticking his tongue in and out three times to tell her he loves her. Sometimes she sticks it back out three times, or two, or four so she loves him, she loves, and she loves him too.)
WoW! I see so much of both of you, in her! Too cute! I wanna see her again but I'm not allowed any time off during Justin's Spring Break... =( We'll be there in May, though!
ReplyDelete