So week one was really fun. We have this cute bundle of joy we got to show off. Week two is a little different...I'm exhausted. No way to sugar coat it. The sleep deprivation has caught up with me and Evan. Evan's mom went home...thus leaving us all alone. AHHH!! Evan still continues to be a big help, but he's tired too. The other night I asked him if he would like me to wake him up so he could help with Autumn in the middle of the night. He said "Yes" and expressed that he liked to help. So when I nudged him awake and said, "do you want to change her diaper or do you want me to do it?" he responded, "No. That's OK you can." When I told him about our conversation in the morning he denies ever waking up. LOL!
One thing is for sure Evan is smitten with our daughter. He is constantly running to grab the camera and takes multiple photos a day of our sweet little daughter. Here is evidence that she is not too impressed by the cameras!
I'm pretty sure that means...enough pictures!

Autumn still loves her tongue. She isn't awake as much as she was the first week of life. So these pictures really don't accurately depict what we've done the past few days (which is mostly sleep and eat). Although she does spend a lot of time on the changing table...mostly because she likes to pee as soon as we're about to put a fresh diaper on her!
She's looking older. Don't worry. You'll get to sleep through the night in about a year. It gets better...Also I can't believe you wake Evan up in the middle of the night. Greg just slept on the couch for the first couple months so at least one person in our house was well rested.
ReplyDeleteha ha i just heard morgan talking to evan about the diaper thing. i've started rubbing a wipe on her tummy and most of the time she'll pee within a minute or two & then i don't have to change her two times in a row
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Amber and Evan! She is beautiful and so awake. I love seeing the Daddies be so involved and obsessed as the Mommies. It's sweet. Have a fun time with that little one.
ReplyDelete