Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Frankenmuth!

When we first moved here to Michigan a lady at the grocery store told me that I HAD to go to Frankenmuth while I was living in Michigan.  So I listened and we headed up north last Thursday.  Our first stop was Bronner's CHRISTmas Wonderland, "The worlds' largest Christmas Store."  The sign did not lie.  It is huge.  We spent 2 hours in the store.  Frankly I could have spent 2 hours at Target as well, but this place rents strollers and wheel chairs like at Disneyland.  I appreciated the emphasis on Christ and the Christian themed things to go along with a healthy dose of Santa and Reindeers.

Ready to embark on our adventure, unsure what the future held for us 
There were crazy big decorations up in the ceiling.  Autumn enjoyed that.
bear getting a little fresh 
The telescope really "worked."  When you looked through it you could see reindeer flying.  Also it was for sell, for $4,000.
At the exit by the GIANT Santa
This is Autumn tromping around outside.  She did really well and almost sat in the stroller the whole time we were shopping.
After visiting the Christmas store we explore the city.  It is know as a "little bavarian" town.  The architecture  of the buildings, even the Bank of America, look like they could be from Germany. 
 We ate crapes for lunch.  They were gross and the service was bad.
I LOVE cut-out-things-where-you-can-stick-your-face!
We visited "Sugar High,"  which apparently won season 7 of "Cup Cake Wars."  Autumn was an angel the whole trip and took her naps in the car on the way to and from the city.  Evan says we HAVE to go back whenever someone visits us.  So SOMEONE come visit us and we'll take you to the world's largest Christmas store.

4 comments:

  1. How many someones do you have room for in your apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the store was so stimulating, there was no reason for Autumn to get out! Have you ever had my crepes? I will have to make them for you when I come visit and see this amazing store! Love you
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I am curious we are 2 1/2 hrs from Frankenmuth....do you think it is worth the drive?

    ReplyDelete